• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Update to the Cruise Tip Calculator

A

Anonymous User

Hello,

Because of significant amounts of confusion over the various recommendations for tips for children, I've updated the calculator to more closely follow the individual cruise line recommendations.

There is now a "checkbox" beside the field for number of children. Based on this checkbox, the children's portion of the tip suggestion is calculated at either the full adult rate, or one-half of that full adult rate.

The checkbox defaults to "checked", which corresponds to the Full Tip, unless you select Celebrity, or SS Norway, which do suggest the 50% rate for children in some circumstances.

You may easily override the default selection at any time by simply checking or unchecking the box.

I hope that helps to clear things up!

Comments welcome.

Theron

E

EricJ

I have a room with 1 adult and 2 kids. I understand that, on Celebrity, they recommend full tip for the adult and one child and 1/2 tip for children over 2 passengers in the cabin.

To get the "program" to do it right, I had to tell it 2 adults and 1 child. When I told it 1 adult and 2 children, it did 1/2 the tip on both children.

Do you agree?

A

Anonymous User

Yes, that would be correct! :) It isn't smart enough (or I guess I should say, it doesn't follow the recommendations closely enough) to get that one right!

Maybe in version 2.1!

Thanks!

Theron