Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Upgrade chances? (Newbie question)

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Amy T., Aug 11, 2002.

1. Amy T.

Amy T. Guest

Please forgive me for my newbieness, but my husband and I are celebrating 15 years of marriage this fall by taking our first cruise. We'll be on the Grandeur of the Seas October 5.

I've been reading about the lucky people who've been upgraded. How does one get an upgrade? Does one need to be a frequent cruiser? Does it happen automatically? We went whole hog and got a C class cabin, and now I'm drooling over the B class!

Thanks in advance for sharing your wisdom with a newbie like me!

Amy

2. Ali

Ali Guest

If you booked a specific cabin number an upgrade will be hard to do. Royal Caribbean explained it to me in a letter that upgrades are almost nil for those that book specific cabin assignments. When I book my cabin I like knowing where it will be so I don't take a guarantee. In 20 sailings with Royal Caribbean I have only been upgraded once and that was the week after 9-11.

Congrats on the anniversary coming up. You'll love the Grandeur. I sailed that ship in her inaugural season.

3. Amy T.

Amy T. Guest

Thanks for the reply, Ali! Looks like there'll be no upgrade for us, but I know we'll love our accommodations, based on the reviews I've read here.

Amy

4. Toto

Toto Guest

Don't loose hope quite yet there Amy, we booked a C in 2001 and ended up in a B (a fantastic cabin I might add and probably the most comfortable one we have ever sailed in, with the greatest balcony we have ever had too) and we booked our cruise within 6 weeks of sailing. There is only a slim chance that you will get an upgrade, but we are proof that it sometimes DOES happen. Good Luck!