Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Upgrade Fairy found me!

Discussion in 'Norwegian Cruise Lines' started by Bossladycruising, Aug 15, 2008.

1. That upgrade fairy found me yesterday and I am very happy. We were booked in cabin 9702 on deck on the Star for February 14, 2009 and now are in cabin 10620 on deck 10 midship. Plus received a $50 obc and a reduction on the price. If anyone has pictures of this cabin or one similar I would appreciate seeing them and about how big is the cabin and the balcony? Is it the same size as the 9702?
    Thank you!

2. MrLee

MrLee Guest

That's terrific! They don't usually do upgrades/upsells until after final payment. Congrats!

3. nmnita

nmnita Guest

wow, you must be really special to get something like that and so far in advance. good for you!!!!

Nita

4. felixfrost

felixfrost Guest

Does NCL do that?

I will be doing my first NCL in December on the Jade and I was told they were not very forthcoming with upgrades. Is this true?

5. [quote felixfrost]Does NCL do that?

I will be doing my first NCL in December on the Jade and I was told they were not very forthcoming with upgrades. Is this true?[/quote]

From my understanding they are not very forthcoming with upgrades. What I had done was I called my ta and said that I noticed a priced reduction on our cruise and was there any way possible to get an obc for the difference. She called me back over a week later and this is what I was told...upgraded 2 catogeries, $50 obc and price reducation. All I could say was it must be my lucky day. Received a receipt from ta with the changes and then I went to NCL's website and sure enough there it was. As they say "right place, right time".

6. nmnita

nmnita Guest

most lines do not do this anymore. The ships are going out full or close to it. If you do get one, be thankful..
    Nita

7. [quote nmnita]most lines do not do this anymore. The ships are going out full or close to it. If you do get one, be thankful..
    Nita[/quote]

Believe me I am very thankful.