Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Vaccinations for Southern Caribbean

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by NickandLizzie, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Hi all,

As per the thread title, which ones are needed? We've heard it would be a good idea to get the typhoid jab / sugar lump / whatever it is, but wondered if other cruisers typically protect themselves against any other sub-tropical nasties on this particular run...

TIA
    Nick

2. Hi all,

As per the thread title, which ones are needed? We've heard it would be a good idea to get the typhoid jab / sugar lump / whatever it is, but wondered if other cruisers typically protect themselves against any other sub-tropical nasties on this particular run...

TIA
    Nick

3. Sheffie

Sheffie Guest

You need no immunizations for any cruise in the Caribbean. I don't know who told you this, but it isn't true. You might want to update your tetnus. I have an immune problem, and my doctor told me that I don't need any immunizations.

One less thing to do!

4. Sheffie

Sheffie Guest

You need no immunizations for any cruise in the Caribbean. I don't know who told you this, but it isn't true. You might want to update your tetnus. I have an immune problem, and my doctor told me that I don't need any immunizations.

One less thing to do!

5. Sheffie

Sheffie Guest

Ah, Nick, I see. A lot of people have gotten the Hepatitis vaccinations, including myself, just for general purposes; I work with a higher risk group. I think the Malaria, etc. recommendations are for people who are doing more extensive treks into some of the countries mentioned. Thanks for the link.

Have a great cruise!

6. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Yes, Malaria is for people that will be staying long in the port cities and then venturing out beyond the main cities of some ports like those in Costa Rica, Belize, Honduras, etc. This is what the Red Cross told me.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you have plans to trek through the jungle during the morning hours or evening hours when the mosquitos are out the most.