Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Vancouver - Canada Place webcam

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Bungeeman, May 25, 2003.

1. Bungeeman

Bungeeman Guest

I've finally found a webcam covering the cruise ship terminal in Vancouver. There are Quicktime movies of previous days in addition to the "live" shot.

<http://www.camtronic.com/pages/webcam.html>

Post Edited (05-25-03 10:07)

2. Stephen

Stephen Guest

Whaooooo! A great cam for Vancouver...Thanks.

3. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

thks. Been looking for over a yr now for replacement to the old one that ran out of $$.

4. There is another web site in North Vancouver that has a camera pointed at Canada Place. It updates every 12 seconds. This is the replacement to the old vancouverview.com site that ran out of dollars last year.

<<http://www.northvancouver.com/webcams/cruisecam/index.html>>

Gord

5. Bungeeman

Bungeeman Guest

Thanks Gord,

That's an even better cam than the one I found.

6. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

Very nice :thumb :)

7. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

Hmmm....I wonder if John can add this cam to the cruise cam station and port cam link that he has on the home page?

8. sherriz366

sherriz366 Guest

Thanks for the Vancouver Cams!!

9. Hi everyone, I'm the webmaster running the Canada Place - Alaska Cruise Webcam as seen on www.northvancouver.com

Just wanted to say thanks for all the great comments.

We love cruise boats almost as much as you folks, and we love our city of Vancouver. Our local tourism bureau doesn't contribute to the operation of the cruise cam or towards the maintenance of our sites (they say it isn't worth it - can you believe that), so we have to fund it ourselves. We actually have a second cam in place that catches the ships as they sail underneath the Lions Gate Bridge, we are just trying to decide if it's worth putting up again.

So, as you can see, we really truly appreciate your kind words. Every little bit helps and we are very grateful. Keep the comments coming, and we'll keep the cameras running.

Thank you everyone for viewing. Please stay in touch, tell us how you use the cam, or let us help you find the cruise info you need. Until then. . .

- Cheers -