Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Vancouver side trips

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by Jeana, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Jeana

Jeana Guest

Are there any side trips that can be taken from Vancouver? Is it feasible to go to Victoria from Vancouver or is it too far?

2. Colo Cruiser

Colo Cruiser Guest

It will take an all day trip to do Victoria from Vancouver unless you take a Helicopter or plane. There are lots of things to do in Vancouver proper. Stanley Park, Capillano suspension bridge, Chinese garden in Chinatown, just to name a few. I am sure the Vancouver residents form the board could add a lot to this list.

3. BSeabob

BSeabob Guest

Colo Cruiser hit the highlights
    Check here for general info <http://www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/info.htm>

4. Erinm

Erinm Guest

You don't want to miss Granville island either. It's down by the water and I just love it there.

5. linmil

linmil Guest

How much time do you have in Vancouver?

You can definitely see Victoria (and Butchart Gardens) on a one day tour. Go to GrayLIne Tours : http://www.grayline.ca and look up Vancouver to find tours. It's a really nice tour. YOu get two ferry rides, the garden and Victoria's beautiful harbour.

If you want to get to a mountain, there's Whistler (world known) that is a great day trip as well - absolutely gorgeous there- or if that doesn't work - Grouse Mountain is about 15 minutes away from downtown - I believe short bus tours will go there and while you're in the area, you might want to visit the Capilano Suspension Bridge.

I live in Vancouver so I hope this helps!

6. Jeana

Jeana Guest

Thanks for all the good info. Can anyone tell me how I would get to Granville Island and Stanley park via public transportation? We will be staying near Canada pier.

Thank you!