• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

VAT (sales tax) refunds


bob barrows

Hey you guys

Don't forget you can get your VAT (=sales tax) back on everything you take back with you out of Europe that is.

Make sure you ask for a VAT refund form, not just a receipt, for every purchase over say 20 dollars. If they don't have a form shop elsewhere, they'll soon get the message!

Produce the form and the goods to Customs as you leave and you'll get 17% back.

I was a customs officer for 35 years so I have an idea what I'm talking about.