Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Veendam Balconies?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by obe1, Feb 8, 2006.

1. obe1

obe1 Guest

Hi,
    We have booked a mini-suite on Verandah Deck on the Veendam and I was wondering if anybody knew if the balconies on this deck have glass or do they have solid metal under the rail. This will be my first cruise with Holland America. Thanks!

Rose =COOL

2. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Metal under the rail.

3. sage

sage Guest

I'm so excited for you. HAL is a wonderful line, and I hope that you enjoy them as much as we do.

4. Congratulations on your booking Rose. We have only been on one Holland cruise and that was on the Oosterdam. We really enjoyed it alot. When are you going and what is the itinerary?

5. obe1

obe1 Guest

Thanks for the info!

Hi Connie!
    We are sailing on October 28th, the itinerary is: Tampa, Key West, Guatemala, Belize, Costa Maya, with 2 sea days. This will be our ladies only cruise, leaving our better halves at home! =COOL :D

Rose :daisy

6. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Sounds wonderful. Hope you have a great time!!!

7. The older ships, like the Veendam, balconies are solid metal for about 3 feet, then there is a space of about 9 inches, a round metal poll, then a space of about 9 inches and then the wood railing.

When you sit in a chair, you can easily see the ocean.

Have a great cruise.

8. obe1

obe1 Guest

Thanks everybody! I'm very excited about sailing on the Veendam, I've read a lot of nice things about this cruise line and I'm looking forward to experiencing HAL.

Rose :D

9. You will love HAL!!

10. debbiedo

debbiedo Guest

Concerning the "S" class ships - have only been on the Maasdam and we were in an "S" suite - same kind of verandah (although alot larger) and our view wasn't impeded in the least.
    We will be on the Volendam in a mini suite come Dec 06 (same kind of balcony again) and we can hardly wait.
    You will love HAL and enjoy every moment you spend on your verandah.
    HAL calls them verandahs for a good reason, they are larger than other lines balconies and have better quality furnishings.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your verandah.

11. Once you have had a verandah - you'll never want anything else.

AH - the suite life!!

12. Dorie

Dorie Guest

Hi Rose,

Can't wait for this cruise and seeing you and Pat again.. You will love HAL.

Dorie

13. Dorie

Dorie Guest

Hi Rose,

Dorie

14. Dorie

Dorie Guest

Hi Rose,

Dorie

15. obe1

obe1 Guest

Thanks everybody! I'm sure that I'm going to love HAL! =COOL

Dorie,
    Hey girlfriend! I cannot wait to see you and Cindy! I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I owe Pat a piece of Key Lime Pie! :D Ask her why! :)

16. Well Pat - why does obe1 owe you a big piece of Key Lime Pie???

17. Jude

Jude Guest

Hi all you cruisers out there. I am sailing on the Veendam on November 25, 2006. We have booked a "S" Suite for the first time and am wondering if it will be worth the money. Last time we had one of the Category B Veranda suites. It was nice but still pretty narrow. The "S" Suite looks alot bigger and from what I can see of the balcony from the photos or the 360 degree tour, it also looks quite a bit bigger. Would like any comments from people who have stayed in one of these suites. Thanks all!:wave

18. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

The "S" suite is twice the square footage of the "B". The verandah, IMO, is among the very best at sea - you'll have a round table with 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs and a coffee table. Many more perks come with the Cat. "S", including complimentary laundry, pressing, dry cleaning, exclusive use of the Neptune (concierge) Lounge. There's a dressing area outside the spacious bathroom, storage space galore. I'm sure you'll be delighted with your choice!

19. Although we have yet to sail on the Veendam, we have sailed on her sister ships. And we only book suites. You will love the suite! So much room. IMO it is worth the extra money.

Enjoy!!

20. Jude

Jude Guest

Thanks very much for the great information! Sounds like we made a good decision! Can't wait til November! It is always nice to get expert help from other cruisers who have actually been on these ships and not just travel agents who have not although our travel agent is great and we have actually sailed on the same ships together!! Thanks again!! :wave