Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Venice Airpot for Early Airplane

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Diane50, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Diane50

Diane50 Guest

We will be docking in Venice at 7:00am after a week long Medditteranean Cruise on RCCL's Splendour of the Seas next May. Our flight out of Marco Polo is for 11:00 am. What is the best way to get there?

2. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Guest

If you are docking at 0700 you don't really know what time you get off the ship or how long the process will take. 4 hours is not much of a window when you have to be at the airport at least two hours before flight time.
    I do not know what the taxi situation is at the dock, but the taxi would be your best bet. If there isn't any at the dock they would most likely be at Pizzale Roma. You would be dropped off at the door.
    Water taxi is you next best bet, I would imigine they would be available near the cruise dock. I understand that the transit time is about a half hour. But on arrival you need to go for a short ride (couple of minutes) on the shuttle to the airport proper and you could have to wait a bit for the bus.
    Good luck.

I cruise out of Venice is October. My ship doesn't arrive back into port until 0900 hours and my flight is at 1100. I didn't even try. I fly out the next day.
    Jersey Joe