• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Volendam.....January, 2005

S

sail7seas

Does anyone who was on Volendam early to mid January remember who was the Guest Relations Manager?
How about Cruise Director?

Thank you if you can help.

J

Judi

The Cruise Director was Dottie Kulesa (sp?)

I don't remember the Guest Relations Manager, but I probably have it somewhere at home.

B

billybob

I've seen a few people ask this kind of question before. Pardon my ignorance, but why would it matter who these people were on the Volendam in early-middle January? They may not be on the Volendam now or anytime in the near future anyway.

Do some people have nothing better to do than keep track of who is where and when on these ships and does it matter anyway? When you book a cruise there is no guarantee who will be the officers on it when you sail anyway, no matter who is on it now or who was on it a month ago?

So why go to such lengths to find out?

B

Bruce

Dear Mr. billybob,

As one Southern gentleman to another.......... &%@# #!!

Southern rules of engagement require your ignorance to be excused.

J

JOHN(NJ)

I was wondering who was validating excuses this week................................................

J

JoanneF

Re: Volendam questions

Hi-
We are taking our first cruise ever on the Volendam 6/29-7/7/05 (Alaska-Inside Passage). I was wondering how the ship is as far as service, food, accomodations, public areas. I've read good and bad things. My husband thinks extra $ for the Pinnacle Grill isn't worth it. Waht does the Pinnacle Grill have that the main dining room doesn't serve? Any info would be helpful.

J

JOHN(NJ)

Geeze,
I hate when I go back and look at threads where posts have been deleted and then my post doesn't make any sense...........
I know it sounded good at the time.........

S

ShipMaven

Joanne - We have always found the service, food, atmosphere on Volendam to be outstanding. She's a "happy ship" reflected in her Officers/Staff/Crew. Accommodations, like all HAL ships, are spacious, tastefully decorated and immaculately clean.

Some people simply don't like the idea of spending $$ for an alternative dining experience. I, for one, love the Pinnacle Grill and find the charge a bargain compared to shoreside fine restaurants. The Pinnacle Grill has its own galley/equipment and its own provisions. It offers special cuts of beef that the Rotterdam Dining Room does not have, special appetizers, special side dishes, special desserts. The cuisine is outstanding, and if you choose to dine there on embarkation night, the cost is $10 per person instead of $20.

Enjoy your cruise!

J

Judi

Joanne,

We love the Volendam and we love the Pinnacle Grill.

We always eat in the Pinnacle at least two, if not more nights each cruise! :thumb :thumb :thumb

S

sail7seas

Every HAL ship we cruise, we always enjoy dinner in Pinnacle.

Even on aseven day ers (back-to-backs), we often go at least twice for each segment.

We've enjoyed dinner in Pinnacles (many times) on Maasdam, Rotterdam, Zuiderdam and Veendam and they have all been a treat and very much worth more than $20 pp IMO

A comparable dinner served at a shoreside restaurant with the same level of service has cost us $100 pp (when including the price of our wine.)

Give it a try. I don't think you will be disappointed.

W

wayneair

Does anyone know if Dottie is still on the Volendam? I took my first cruise back in 1997 on the Norwegian Crown and she was the cruise director. I have cruised 7 times since then and have not seen a cruise director who can top her.

L

LUV2Cruz2

I love Dottie...she's from my hometown. We call her the "hometown girl who made good"!! LOL Her husband's a very good comedian too.

P

peaches

In case anyone still has this question, no, Dottie is not the CD on the Vol at this time. Doug Dunnell is. They made a number of staff changes 2-3 weeks ago, though I have no idea when Dottie left.