Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Voyager in NY?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by Kar06, May 21, 2003.

1. Kar06

Kar06 Guest

Anyone heard that the Voyager will be sailing out of NY for 9 day western caribbean in the summer 2004? I hope it's true - no airfare for those of us in southern New England!

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

I heard that Mariner will be doing this, and Mariner will be a Voyager class ship. This is wonderful news...I hope it's true. I'd go on that itinerary on a Voyager class ship in a heartbeat.

3. gambler

gambler Guest

Yes, I heard it will be the Voyager. The new schedule should be out this week or next.

4. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Yes, my travel agent confirmed that the Voyager will be sailing out of NY on 9 and 4 day itineraries according to his RCI rep.

5. backheidi

backheidi Guest

Oh I hope you are all correct. That would be SO great!!! I live in New York State and know lots of people who would love to have more cruise choices from NYC. I also know many who have never cruised but would if they did not have to fly to a port to get to the Caribbean to start with. Please, as soon as you have any information about this, let us all know here on the boards. Gosh, that would be great!!

Thanks!

6. CruiseAholic

CruiseAholic Guest

From the Seatrade Insider, do I sense an Addicts group cruise here?
    ---------------------------------------

New York home for Voyager-class ship?
    22/5/2003

Royal Caribbean International plans to operate a Voyager-class ship from New York in 2004, several knowledgeable sources inform Seatrade Insider. The company has booked 26 calls at the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal and is expected to operate short cruises to Canada next summer and perhaps other itineraries.
    Royal Caribbean would not confirm the information. ‘It’s something we’re giving serious consideration to, however, nothing has been finalized,’ spokesman Michael Sheehan told Seatrade Insider.

At 142,000gt and carrying 3,100 passengers, a Voyager ship would be the second largest cruise vessel calling at New York. The largest will be the 150,000gt Queen Mary 2, which makes its first arrival in the Big Apple on April 22 and will visit regularly on transatlantic sailings.

The new Royal Caribbean deployment would also not be the first time a Voyager ship has docked in New York. Explorer of the Seas made its US debut in the city on Oct. 17, 2000, and Adventure of the Seas was named there on Nov. 10, 2001, when it became the first major cruise vessel to call in New York Harbor after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Earlier this week, Royal Caribbean announced seasonal New York sailings for its newest Radiance class ship, Serenade of the Seas, including four- and five-night cruises to Halifax and Saint John starting in August.

7. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

More choices, This is great news :thumb