• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Walking in a Winter Wonderland (Florida Version)

J

JOHN(NJ)

Seagulls sing, are you listening?
At the beach, surf is glistening
A beautiful Sight
A sunset tonight
Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Stored away are the snow skies.
Here we stay in our short sleeves
We sing a new song
Here is where we belong!
Living in a Winter Wonderland.

In The yard we can plant a palm tree,
Then pretend to shovel lots of snow,
You'll say,"Do you miss it?"
I 'll say, No Ma'am,
I feel younger by the minute,
Don't you know!

Later on we'll conspire
And grill some ribs on the fire,
The plans that we made
Include Sun and Shade,
Walking in a winter Wonderland

WISH I WAS SINGING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

Cruise cutie

Whoo HOO me too..sigh.but i'm freezing here in Vermont..Have a great holiday John...:)..Joanne

J

Jill B

:lol :lol :lol Yeah, I can laugh! It is hot and sunny here. :grin

But..........................one day I would love to see some lumi :)

C

Cricket

If it wasn't for my kids living here, I'd be over there! So John....are we seeing the works of an up and coming poet? Every word is so true and that's why I love Florida! "Cool" poem!

M

Mgram

John.....you wrote a poem about my life.......how sweet!!!!! Yesterday was perfect......42° overnight, then up to a GOREGEOUS 75° in the afternoon........ahhhhhh ..... LIFE IS GOOD!

C

Corky

Wish I was Living it!!!!!

I told D the other night that we need to sell everything we own and go find us a little one room apartment somewhere down in Florida near a cruise port so we can just jump on a cruise at a moments notice. Of course, we'll have to wait until we retire to do this. And that's still a long way off. Unfortunately!!!

C

cruisingrightalong

Actually John(NJ).....I heard this in my wee head when I was reading it! So you did sing it!

Lou

M

Mbandy

John... Pretty good stuff. Been a long time since I spent Christmas in Florida. We lit a fire in the fireplace but had to have all the doors and windows open 'cause it was to darned HOT!

Thanks for sharing,

Michael =sailor

J

JOHN(NJ)

I REALLY hope to be singing that song in 7 or 8 years. Besides the nicer weather, being closer to the ports is a big plus in my book.

O

Orcrone

John,

I have a few more years than that. But when I'm down there, singing your song, I'll be over for some of those ribs on the fire.

It's nice John but you didn't write it. I use to hear it on a radio station in Daytona years ago. It stuck in my head and I searched the net with the words and only found your poem.

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Well if you searched and searched and only found the poem on an 8 year old thread, you should consider yourself lucky instead of worrying about who wrote it.......
But alas......... John isn't even from Florida

BTW do you know who wrote it ??