Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

WARNING TO FAMILIES ! Avoid Carlos & Charlies - any location

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by steph_texas, May 11, 2004.

1. steph_texas

steph_texas Guest

Ok people, we learned a lesson last week ! We were told to go to CARLOS & CHARLIES on our trip... told it was a GREAT PLACE TO GO ! Told it was similar to Hard Rock Cafe or even Applebees ! People this place is flat out a BAR ! yes they serve food, but its not a family environment ! We sat down & no sooner than we got our menus... someone put a fake cockroach on a string in front of my son ! He is 14 and is very skiddish... needless to say this upset him... (the worker thought it was hilarious that my son was upset) then, someone put this buzzing toy up to my head & I thought it was a bee so Im swinging in the air to get it away from me !

We see waitress pour a shot down this girls throat across the table from us... then they get behind her and shake her boobies... all this happened within about 3-4 minutes... I took one look @ my son, and my husband and we huffed it out of there ! Now we are not nerds by any means... but this is not a good atmosphere for families... you college kids or party animals... more power to ya.... just be careful crossing the street !

Please families - please please please.... dont take kids there !! Ive posted this on another board I visited & someone suggested we should have not taken our kid to a bar... as I stated... we did not know ! Now, you do !!!!!!

2. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

Whoever told you that Carlos and Charlies is like Applebees must have been drunk!!!!

3. steph_texas

steph_texas Guest

we were in the lounge, several passengers told us ! They had kids in their group so we believed them !

4. <<similar to Hard Rock Cafe or even Applebees>>

:)

More like Hooters on steroids with no rules.....................
    [​IMG]

Charlos & Charlies (Senior Frogs also) is not a "great" place to go.........

.....it is THE place to go, provided you know what it is.

Otherwise it could be a bit of a culture shock.

It is pretty entertaining though...........................

5. Sophie

Sophie Guest

am sorry you were under the impression it was a "restaurant"; and i do agree with you, i would not take my children; however, hubby and i love it ! hope the rest of your trip was uneventful!! :)

6. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

Thanks for the warning. Personally having gone to Cozumel a few times and passing the place I knew that it was not a family place. Now knowing about the pranks and trash, it definitely would NEVER be the place for me to go.

This is definitely the board to post such information. Hope the rest of your cruise was better.

coffeecups

7. LHP

LHP Guest

CarlosNCharlies is definately never a place for children. However, we have been to Senor Frogs in Playa Del Carmen several times when they first open up in the morning and have had no problems. The boys can play on the beach and we can sit on their balcony and have marq for breakfast and still keep an eye on them. (16 and 12) This location has always been mild compared to either in Cozumel. We are always gone by noon...so I can't say how it gets in the afternoon or night....probably as bad or worse than any other bar full of drunks whose only goal is to humiliate themselves.

8. Camelia

Camelia Guest

I know what you mean. After walking around Cozumel we stoped at Senior Frogs right across the cruise ships. It was getting dark, the band was playing, you could see several cruise ships; seemed like a perfect evening and perfect place, and we have a 7-yr old son. At first it was fun watching people drink and have fun; until that stupid waitress starting going behind female guests and grab and shake their boobies. I am not sure what is so funny about that. So we left.

9. mike-suz

mike-suz Guest

The waitresses do that for the benefit of the old and hairy guys who have been banished from the funnel deck :)

10. Sophie

Sophie Guest

ROTFLMAO @ mike-suz!! you crack me up! :)

11. shadoesmom

shadoesmom Guest

My thoughts exactly Sophie.

12. cruisingirls

cruisingirls Guest

Ya'll are so funny....my day is better already!

13. BahamaMama

BahamaMama Guest

Wow, Thanks for the warning! Guess we won't be taking our neice (12) and nephew (10) there after all. Doesn't sound very good for our 72 year old mom either. Just those of us that can handle it will be going to check it out. So glad I read your post! Thanks so much!

14. Sophie

Sophie Guest

I am surprised that anyone would have the impression its a "family" place.....I have never had that idea or impression....just goes to show you should always check things out thorougly before embarking on any new adventure! :)

15. >>until that stupid waitress starting going behind female guests and grab and shake their boobies<<

Oh it gets much better (or worse) than that as the day goes on!

>>I am not sure what is so funny about that.<<

I dunno, but some people watch auto races just to see the wrecks.......

......others watch 'Funny Videos' and laugh when a guy gets whacked in the you-know-whats.......

I guess you could group me in with the hairy old guys but my wife gets a a kick out of that C&C stuff too.............

16. Irish Girl

Irish Girl Guest

I go there with my BF and his mother every time we are in Cozumel. His mother is 72 and loves it, actually looks forward to stopping there for the margaritas and guacamole. We'll have a couple drinks there, some appetizers, then head out to one of the beach clubs.

17. My husband and I took a Carnival cruise on the Ecstasy for our honeymoon in Nov. 1999. Well, our trip was horrible because of the fact that we were in the middle of 3 tropical storms merging into 1, and of course, that didn't make for the best time. Anyway, we were so down in the dumps because everything we had planned was cancelled in Cozumel, so, we decided to just hang out at all the bars along the ocean front in Cozumel. We started up at Pancho's Backyard...awesome, went to Hard Rock Cafe and danced with the waiters on the bar, and then we went to Carlos N Charlies. That's where we had the most fun! I agree, it is not a family place because the family sitting at a table beside us got disgusted and left when the waitress shoved her boobs into my husbands face and forced him to drink a shot of tequila from them...because I told her it was our honeymoon!!! All in all, we had a blast! Now, Carlos N Charlies Cancun...well, let's just say that's another VERY FUN place not to be missed on the Senor Frogs bar hopping tour!!!

18. coffeecups

coffeecups Guest

Freddies Food Slave,

I know that you can't redo the actual honymoon, but you sure can have others planned just like it. As long as the HONEY is there. Hope the next cruise is better.

coffeecups

19. Thanks coffee! Hopefully our Triumph cruise will be better. It will be our first 7 day!! We are going with another couple, so, it should be a lot of fun. We can't wait!!

20. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

I'm really thankful that I read this post. By no mean am I or my wife a square or even close, but from what I've read above my post this does not seem to me a very good time at all.

"We see waitress pour a shot down this girls throat across the table from us... "

Pooring gasoline down someone's throat? Yea I know, I know... shots.. yea well to me it gasoline. I'd rather be drinking CT and PET scan contrast.

Thank you and hats off to you Stephtex. Very informative cruise board indeed.