Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Water Temperature in January???

Discussion in 'Carnival Cruise Lines' started by Nikki75, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

I keep hearing other people say that the water temperature in January may be too cool for swimming in the Western Caribbean. (Belize, Grand Cayman (maybe), Cozumel, Honduras)

Has anyone been to the Western Caribbean in January??? If so, what was the weather and water temp. like?

I hope it is warm enough to swim because we planned on doing the cave tubing in Belize and swimming with the Dolphins and Sting Rays.

Help???????????????

2. Cruzman

Cruzman Guest

Since average daytime temps in the western Car. average in the low 80's in January, expect water temps to be plenty warm for swimming/snorkeling, etc. The cave tubing thing... now that's a horse of a different color, LOL. We did the cave tubing trip in early April and the water was right chilly then. The locals say that it is always that way and most would't even consider getting into that river. We got used to it pretty quickly, however.

3. sweetdelta

sweetdelta Guest

I went to the Western Caribbean in January of 02. I wore jeans off the ship while in Cozumel, Mexico, and boy what a mistake! It was very hot that day (mid 90's) and humid! It should definitely be warm enough to get in the water (esp. during daytime hrs.)! Happy Cruisin!!!!

4. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better!!!

5. Sodey

Sodey Guest

You are in the TROPICS! It is hot all the time! Hello?

6. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

Well excuse me for asking!!!!

There's one in every crowd. :pig

7. Camelia

Camelia Guest

I hate to disagree, but we took jan 03 and jan 04 cruises, and for both I found it to be cool. Jan 03 was Coco Cay and Bahamas, and it was the week a cold front came all the way to Florida, and it was way too cool and breezy. Jan 04 we went to Cozumel on the Sensation, and the ocean was cool. It also was breezy which didn't help when coming out of the water. Maybe I just had bad luck, but I am done cruising in Jan.

8. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

Well I was hoping it would be warm enough to snorkel and swim with the Sting Rays and Dolphins. Oh well, it not, maybe it will be warm enough to lay out on deck and get a tan.

This will probably be the last time I go in January too. We just wanted to do it this time because of the new ship.

9. Cruise cutie

Cruise cutie Guest

Nikki75..don't mind Sodey..he is not really fresh..he just likes to yank peoples chains..:grin..:flog we tend to get even with him....I had my 4 daughters in the Bahama's 2 years ago in January for a week long all inclusive ...,.and it was quite cool..:(..good luck..... we only do Southern or Panama Canal in February.. so it's HOT!..Happy cruising...:)..Joanne

10. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

I agree with the last two posts, the water can be cool in Jan. Some people don't mind it or think it is cool though. I do like water warm, but even the kids on our cruise didn't want to go in the pool. When we tried the ocean it was warmer than the pool, but not warm enough for us :lol We will stick to sailing during other months or as Cruise Cutie go to the Southern Caribbean, which is warmer year round as far as the water is concerned. I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise , and maybe for you the water will be fine :thumb

11. Sodey

Sodey Guest

The Bahamas are not as far south as Belize. The water temp in that part of the gulf only varies 2 to 4 degrees during the year. So it ain't like there's that much difference for swimming.

Now that I know that Nikki75 is soooooooooooooo touchy, I can look for other posts from her and have some fun!

Sodey-M

12. Nikki75

Nikki75 Guest

OOOHHH I CANT WAIT!! BE MY GUEST!!