Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

We Need a new home..."Big Cats Invade the Mariner, 9/12/04"

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by studMUFFin, Sep 27, 2003.

1. studMUFFin

studMUFFin Guest

Hi y'all,

The Big Cat's are looking for a new home, can someone please tell me we have found it here at Cruise Addicts?

First off, let me give you a little background information about our group, since no one else will do it....chickens! We are a group of wacky cruisers, with the exception of myself of course, that come from all walks of life and span across the Globe. We met on another board, which I will not mention , and spent eight long torturous months planning our cruise and get together. The group went over so well on the cruise, we decided to do it all over again on the 9/12/04 sailing of the Mariner of the Seas ...God help us!

If you have ever been accused of being loud, crazy, obnoxious, derranged, bubble slightly off center, blessed with two left feet or with vocal chords that only a mother could love... then your our kind of people. If you think you have the stuff that it takes to be a Big Cat (you cannot reside in a state hospital), and you are interested in joining this crazy group of characters, please email me for more info.

Talk Soon

George, Anne, Arrielle

2. Well this must be home sweet home...
    and don`t listen to George we all might be crazy but George is more crazy than all of us put together.. he is right about one thing "blessed with two left feet or with vocal chords that only a mother could love..." yup I do got that and the girls have the video to prove it!!!
    Check Back Later

3. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

*** Clicks Her Heels ***

There's no place like home!
    There's no place like home!

OK! So here we are. I'll order some paint and fabric to spruce it up a bit, but the place has "good bones".

When Yogini backs in the UHaul, I'll have the guys unpack and get the coffee maker going ASAP. Until then, I'll go make friends with the neighbours!

Thanks for the work George,
    Later everyone
    xoxo Cheeky

4. woowoochick

woowoochick Guest

Hi y'all. I've been busy today checking all the Big Cats message boards. Everyone here seems like a lot of fun but I need to view the video to be able to confirm that. LOL. Hope to get to know everyone soon. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Denise I'll be cruising with my husaband Bill.

George - Aren't you proud of me? I actually told everyone my name right away. This way there is no chance to be called something like Gwendolyn Gertrude.

5. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

*** Notice to everyone *** Very soon, I will be throwing my computer out of my window, only to be satisfied by the sound of the imminent CRASH and the visual of millions of components spreading out all over the pavement. It was nice knowing you. Bye.

LOL .... I'm having a heck of a time here. As you know, I own a chat room on MSN. And that's how I met Phizer. You may have heard that MSN will be closing chats in UK and Europe (to name a few places), SEVERELY restricting it in Canada and Australia (uh oh), and charging Americans for chat service.

So while I've been following George and the gang around, seeing what's up and what's new, I've also been trying to find viable options to keep my chatroom going. Ends up that we'll be on PalTalk, if I can ever get it up and running properly.

If you don't hear from me again, it's because my computer had the misfortune of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

** still trying to smile **
    xoxo Cheeky

6. oriolesfan22

oriolesfan22 Guest

Hi everybody! Just checking in at our new home. Cheeky, should we bring ourselves a housewarming present at the new home? I'm thinking something to drink would be a good idea. Hope everyone is having a good weekend - Sheree

7. Good afternoon everyone :)
    WOOWOOCHICK.....
    First let me welcome you to this group:) Second the video is under lock and key, I have not seen it yet.. enen know I am in it.....I am going to Orlando on the 12th for a special viewing.. it has to be good.... George was the camera man and he laughed all the way through it... and third Oh No not another Denise LOL

Cheeky.. We can have this place is ship shape in no time.. You get Yogini to get her butt over here with the u-haul and keep the coffee comming and this will be just like home in no time... as for the computer I am glad you don`t live close to me we have 5 computers hooked up to the net and guess how gets elected to keep them running :)
    I couldn`t through any out the window.. I would have to fix them LOL
    Check Back later

8. Sheree... a pircher of Miami Vices would be nice:)

9. ...slowly backing the u-haul in...

So...this is our new home...well, I actually LOVE to move, but it's always difficult to change so I'm sure we'll all hold hands and sing...baby love, my baby love, LOL! Just Kidding!! Hi all! Thanks George and Cheeky for the address on the new site, I drove the u-haul with all of our things over as soon as I got word! Is this like the "picnic" at dinner that nite, I have to say, "I'm moving to the new Big Cats house and I'm bringing...a MARTINI! (Since someone mentioned drinks!!)

Welcome to all the new Big Cats! Can't wait to meet you all!!

This is so weird! I hope we all catch on to this place quick...we have to settle in, we have a little less than a year!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Until later, namaste, Yogini :)

(I already miss the other smileys!!!)

10. aagglaser

aagglaser Guest

Hey y'all,

Glad to see everyone is getting settled in, I already got dibs on the room with the balcony. Did anyone bring their blender, I broke mine over the last week, thing actually over heated making miami vices.

Anywho, I think I'll bring beer to the picnic....ummm, Beer!

Talk Soon
    George

11. Ok now that we are moving in I have a question? how many people buy CRUISE INSURANCE ?? I have neve took the insurance and was just wondering

12. aagglaser

aagglaser Guest

Good morning y'all,

Jim, we have been on five cruises so far, and have yet to purchase the insurance. Thank God we have not needed it...although we might be playing with fire here. Did you see the prices for insurance on that quote form? They seem pretty good compared to what some of these cruise lines/TA's charge.

Michelle(yogi), Sheree, Denise (woowoo), Cheeky.....Cult leader! How harsh, why don't you tell everyone the truth? You all swigged down a couple cups of my special punch and then....well you know....I talked you into another cruise, lol.

13. Thanks George... I haven`t took the insurance yet .. but last year I almost needed it .. it seems like the cruise lines would just build it in with the cost of the cruise....
    also has everyone from the Big Cats got the link to this site? it seems like we are missing a few??

14. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

Good morning everyone!!!

Glad to see everyone's finding this place and slowly but surely settling in. I'm thankful to the moderators of this place, who don't seem to have a problem with us being here... UNLIKE OTHER PLACES!

Speaking of insurance, UHaul didn't notice the couple of 'dings' Yogi accumulated along the way to this place, so we got a full refund on the deposit! That means: New Blender, New Coffee Machine and PLENTY of booze! Or maybe they did notice, but felt so sorry for us that they didn't say anything... Well, that was the good news of the morning.

I have some terrible news to report. Phizer and I will not be able to cruise with you on the Mariner. When he said "Count Us In!", we were both quite excited to start planning a new trip with y'all (that would have been in bold). I kept thinking, "I knew them for a month and a half and got attached; imagine after already having cruised with them and knowing them for over a year!"

We didn't realise, when we said we were coming, that Rosh Hashanah is on September 16th. The date changes every year (kinda like Easter). Rosh Hashanah (directly translated: the head of the new year) is not celebrated quite like December 31st/ January 1st. It's actually one of the holiest days of the year; and we need to attend synagogue.

I knew something was wrong. It's like that 6th sense a woman gets. I wanted to be excited, but there was something in the back of my head telling me not to be. You may have noticed, I had my new clock put on for the Mariner. At the time, I remember thinking, "Don't put it on until you're booked, it's gonna jinx it." I later saw Jim say that he would put his clock on, as soon as he was booked. And that thought popped up again.

We're both very disapointed, but we will still be cruising ~ just the week before. In a way I'm excited to meet new people. I'll for sure start a roll call as soon as we figure what ship we're sailing (most likely Carnival). It's just too bad that it's not with you guys.

Can I still be a Big Cat if I don't come this year? I'll keep up on the boards etc. and track your plans, trials and tribulations. AND!!! As a bonus, you have someone to keep your board going while you're away!

From what I can see, George makes a point of yanking his previous cruisers onto his next venture ... So I'm thinking, as long as I keep in touch, we'll be with you guys on your cruise AFTER the Mariner. As a plus, I just may test out a ship that you guys would be interested for a future cruise ...

I'm trying to stay positive. Truth is, I'm very sad. But I'm sticking around. Cruise, no cruise, I love you guys.

I'll check in later,
    xoxo Cheeky

15. miss_m30519

miss_m30519 Guest

Cheeky and Phizer,

I am soooo sad that you all won't be sailing with us, OF course you can still be a "CAT," would not have it anyother way!!!!!! Maybe next cruise y'all can join us. Do you know what ship you'll be sailing on? Make sure you keep us all informed!!

I went over to Michelle's and Stan's last night, Rae stayed home still with a cold, anyway, we made Miami-Vice's.......ahhhhhhhhhh, what a treat!! Michelle made Taco's, and of course the topic was crusing.

Anyone heard from Brad or Denise and the girls?

Kay

16. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

OK !!!

I'm still with you guys. And I just looked up Rosh Hashanah for the year after. It's on October 4th. So if you are still cruising in September, we're there!

Still trying to be positive!
    ***wipes her tears off her keyboard*** :S

xoxo Cheeky

Thanks for letting me stay a BIG CAT! :D

17. CHEESE AND RICE!! Damn Jewish Holidays!! :( JUST KIDDING!! (Don't want to be sacreligous!) I love Jesus too...just not on the same holiday! LOL! Crap...I was not thrilled to read that Cheeky! (Wiping tears from the keyboard...) :( Now it looks like I'm going to have to make Tommy (the exBF) use his two first-class, round trip tickets he's earned through frequent flyer miles to get ourselves to Canada next year for a visit! I know, I know, I wasn't invited, but screw that! WE'RE COMIN'!! :)

18. Cheeky and Phizer..
    I am so sorry yall won`t be cruising with us .. I wish there was a way we could all cruise together again .. Yall will always be BIG CATS no matter what :)..
    I did a search for synagogues on Grand Cayman.. that is where we will be on the 16th but there are none in the caymans.. thought there might be a way :(
    I will check back later

19. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

OMG!!!

How cool are you guys!? I was a little apprehensive about mentioning it, since I knew a lot of you were devout Christians. But I figured, "they saw the pics from the synagogue, they've got a clue" and I figured "I'm too cool not to be liked 'cause of my religion!" LOL

So I let it all out. Yogi and Jim, you are too cool. I even thought that MAYBE some of those 138 000 tons may be dedicated to some kind of shul, but not so. They do not offer any kind of rabbinical services. But I tried.

On the OTHER BOARD (blech) I remember the poster named Ikahn asking if there was Sunday Mass. Even that wasn't clear. Apparently there was a non-denominational guy on board, if you wanted to talk. Not so hot. Not what we need for this occasion.

Well, I'm sure I speak for Phizer as well when I say: Thanks for your understanding and thanks for letting us keep the title BIG CAT!

xoxo Cheeky

PS: Yogi, did it ever work for the community?

20. Cheeky

Cheeky Guest

Since I'm speaking to experienced cruisers, I might as well ask ....

Are any of you aware of a (fairly) big cruiseship that visits ports other than:

Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, San Juan, St.Thomas, St.Croix, Bahamas, or St.Martin?

Preferably Carnival. If it's under 100 000 tons, I guess we will look into other ports or other lines. I was looking into Hawaii for next September, but it only seems to be covered by the Spirit.

Any tips?
    xoxo Cheeky