Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Welcome to our NCL forum!

Discussion in 'Norwegian Cruise Lines' started by John., Jul 30, 2002.

1. John.

John. Guest

Welcome to our NCL forum!

2. Margie

Margie Guest

Excellent idea John!

3. Tautog

Tautog Guest

I like NCL. I love Freestyle dinning.
    We are booked on the Sun on Jan. 25, 2003. We will be staying at the Best Western Marina Park for the pre cruise night.
    Anyone else going on this cruise?

4. rosie

rosie Guest

We love NCL and freestyle also. Have been on two FS cruises so far, and have 2 more booked! Nov 24, 2002 and Sept. 7, 2003. Not only am I a cruis - a - holic, I'm also an NCL addict! Would love to hear from others who have the same "problem".

5. Tautog

Tautog Guest

Nice to hear from you Rosie.
    NCL fits our needs and preferences perfectly. I dont want to dress up on vacation and I dont want to rush to get to dinner after a day in port. I dont see any "problem".
    This is our 2nd cruise. Last one was in Feb. on the NCL Sky.

6. I am with you all the way! Just toured the Dream in Boston yesterday. It's a beautiful ship, the cabins are spacious, and our lunch was delicious served by very friendly staff!
    Who could ask for more!

7. rosie

rosie Guest

Hi CariBeantown! What is the name of that site that has the Logan Airport camera? I found it on my work computer, but I am home now and would love to look at the Dream and the Majesty. It is probably too late for today, but I can do it next week - love to all the family.

8. Rufus

Rufus Guest

We are going on our sixth cruise, but our first with NCL. We're leaving on Nov. 24th too. We have never experienced the free style cruise experience. I'm not sure about it, but we are very easy going, so it might be a way we really enjoy. It's only 48 days away, we can hardly wait!

9. Hal

Hal Guest

We just returned from our first "freestyle cruise." We have cruised before on traditional ships and were a bit unsure. Freestyle - just like traditional - cruising has its pluses and minuses. We really enjoyed the choices and the ability to sit with just our family. Also, freestyle disembarkation is great, no waiting in the lounges for your color to be called. We had breakfast on deck, and waited in the sun for the color.

However, with freeestyle you lose the attachment with the waiter and assistant that you get on a traditional ship. The dining room is more restaurant like and the room more hotel like as we never even saw our room steward. Also, freestyle has a tendency to encourage less dressy dress. Although NCL posts signs at its main dinning rooms about dress, people seem to abuse it and the staff does not direct people to other venues, like the buffets, etc. Overall, the experience was favorable. We (wife and two sons) would like to see a part of the main dining rooms reserved for more dressy attire -- there is something nice about cruising with the wait staff in tuxedos, the elegant setting, great food and not sitting next to someone with shorts, sandals and a tee shirt. But NCL does a great job and we will look again at it for our annual Christmas family cruise.

10. I agree the dress code should be enforced and I too, like to see people dressed in clean, somewhat stylish dress. Gals in nice pants or sun dresses, guys in polo type or short shirts and wait staff dressed formally. Jeans, shorts and T shirts are great during the day, but not at night. I feel this way about any eating establishment or almost any. Vegas is another place where some think anything goes. I also am an NCL loyalist. Until they prove differently we will continue to use them for our vacations on the sea. Jan 12th we board the Sky, my 6th NCL cruise and DH 5th. We have traveled other lines as well but just keep coming back. Freestyle is the way to go, NCL has the best overall itineraries and the friendliest crew. I could care less about being waited on hand and foot, much prefer the relaxed atmosphere without the wild party life some competitiors offer. Now that I have put my 2 cents worth in I better get dressed and ready for lunch. Only kidding...........NMNita