Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Welcome to our NEW Home- Official ROLL Call!! Are you with me?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by John, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Funnel

Funnel Sweden Unleased - Special Contributor

I'm Erik from the south eastern part of Sweden. Have been around here since 2010.

Still working, and will not be retired in another 17 years. Have been working for the same company since 1986 (did my military service and studied for some years during that time though) and with development of gas turbines all the time. For the last 3 years I have been managing a project where we upgrade an existing type of gas turbine. We will test a prototype just before my next cruise.

Started to cruise back in 2006, so it's still rather new to me. Have mostly been cruising over here in Europe (both northern and the Med).
    Have only been on one Caribbean cruise, the BIG easy Group Cruise, where I met a lot of people on this board. My best cruise memory so far!
    Have also met cruise @ddicts on other places than on a cruise; in Helsinki, Stockholm, New Orleans, New York and New Jersey.

Next cruise is a short Bahamas cruise the end of February 2016, then a longer southern Caribbean cruise a few days later. Will stay a couple of days in Florida before and in between the cruises, then half a week in New York after the second cruise.

/Erik

bob and John like this.
  2. BSeabob

BSeabob Reinststed due to good behavior-Subject to change Staff Member

Kicking around since near the start more than a few yrs ago. Retired ..sort of. but busy doing STUFF. A big X fan but not adverse to RCL or HAL

My name is Bob and I'm a cruise addict.

3. Gayle V

Gayle V Cruiser's Compass Editor

Well, I'm a little late to this roll call, but I'm here. My first post here was about the 8th or 9th one on John's original board. Recently life has kept me busy, but I'm back to reading the board everyday, and posting more. I'm still working on The Cruisers' Compass pages for Cruise Addicts. It's currently out of commission, but I've recently done some updating on my master copy, and John say's he'll have that section up and running again soon. So ignore the links in my signature till then. Once it's working, I'll make the links active again. In the meantime, if anyone is in need of the Everything-But-The-Kitchen-Sink Packing list, just let me know and I'll message a copy to you.

4. mnjmann

mnjmann New Member

Greeting from mid-state Illinois home of the Fighting Illini. Have always been a follower of Cruise-Addicts since it's start not much of a poster.

connie seabee likes this.
  5. John

John I'm on Island Time Staff Member

Hi @mnjmann ! So good to see you here and POSTING! How many cruises have you been on? What is your favorite ship/cruise line?

:minion bananas:

6. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

TC checking in from NJ

John likes this.
  7. Ali

Ali Well-Known Member

Although I haven't posted in quite some time, I am still an Addict...trying to get to Pinnacle on Royal Caribbean. LOL Joined C@ a long time ago when we used to stay up late on the weekends in chat. Ahhh, the good times. I'll be posting more, I promise!

connie seabee, bob and John like this.
  8. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

"I promise!"
    --------------------

You better... we have ways to make you talk .. you know............

Lot of us here miss you, so I'll start with "Welcome Back"

Ali likes this.
  9. bob

bob Chief Engineer Staff Member

BTW ...... TC
    Your a little light on posting too.... get up to speed ;)

OK, so am I........

John likes this.
  10. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Well-Known Member

LOL Pie Man.

I know I'm late in posting...... :rolleyes:

Ali, good to "see you" posting.

11. Laurie J Oquendo

Laurie J Oquendo New Member

Hi, I'm Laurie from CT. and I joined cruise addicts back in 2001 .... I haven't been around for several years , so I had to make a new account:arizona: It didn't take my old one ..
    I have tried to keep up with cruise news and cruise addicts;) My husband and I have continued cruising, just not as often as we used too due to health reasons.
    It's good to see many familiar cruise-addicts and I'm looking forward to getting to know all the ones I haven't met yet :arizona::arizona::arizona::arizona::arizona:

John likes this.
  12. John

Hi Laurie, Welcome back? Send me your old username and we may be able to merge your accounts or get you going under your old username if you wish?

Laurie J Oquendo likes this.
  13. Flyingfish

Flyingfish Well-Known Member

Hi John, I'm still here. I wonder, did we lose the ability to get cams of other countries, places? Bermuda for one, or the Panama Canal, etc. Can't find them?

14. John

Hi, The pages exist but they need to be updated to work on all devices as our whole site currently is. I will try to expedite this for you. Thank you for your interest.

Currently I am working on Cruise Reviews.

15. Sweetpea29488

Sweetpea29488 Well-Known Member

Hi, it's been awhile since I've posted. I've been a member since 2004. Really missed being on a cruise. We are back and ready for our next adventure.

16. John

Good to see you here!

17. John

Welcome Back! Sweetpea29488!

18. Jenni4475

Jenni4475 New Member

I am Jenni from South Carolina!! I have cruised in the past and finally after 12 years of talking about cruising to my husband he agreed to try it!! BIG YAY!!! He's addicted!!! We cruised the OASIS of the Seas in April and we will be trying out the Allure this coming April. I am beyond thrilled although I HATE leaving my pups!!! I can't wait to walk on the ship that very first day!!

Attached Files:

19. Jill B

Jill B The roaming Aussie

G'day from DownUnder! I haven't been here for a while, sorry :( Been an @ddict since 2002; going on cruise #8 in January to Papua New Guinea. That should be interesting, cyclone season. Last November we cruised to New Zealand again with Rick's sister and partner and for the time of year, almost summer, it was cold, but still beautiful.
    I will make an effort to visit here more often, and I am sure you will all be interested to hear about our next cruise when we return. :):oz: :bigwave: :dance::daisy:

20. John

Hi FF, We still have the CAM SECTION, I'm just updating things to work on Mobile Devices, so it may take some time to update that section a bit. Also allot of cruise lines took control of their ship cams to make it harder use them. The new section will be a mix of links and present days cams.