• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

West Coast train tour & Alaskan Cruise

H

happylady1

We are trying to plan a trip for June 2006 to Alaska. A few years ago a local radio station offered a tour/cruise that is exactly what we want to do. You flew to California, boarded a train north then boarded the ship in Canada for the 7 day cruise.

Does any know who may offer this? We haven't contacted a travel agent yet, but are still trying to figure what we want to do.

Thanks,
Kathi

C

Cruizer

If you are boarding a train in California, you are talking about taking an Amtrak to Seattle. Based on my experience with that train, I would plan to arrive two days ahead, and pray you get there before the ship leaves. From Los Angeles to Seattle is "scheduled" for two days. I would allow three. The train is the Coast Starlight (AKA the Coast Starlate).

=funsign

H

happylady1

Wow! That's scary......here in West Palm Beach we have a bridge going over the intercoastal called PGA Blvd short for Professional Golf Assoc Blvd, but it is refered to as Please-Go-Around blvd since it is alway broken. LOL

Ever since my husband heard the ad a few years ago, he'a always wanted to do this. It's good to know that we may have to add time before the cruise.

Thanks,
Kathi
West Palm Beach

G

GloBug

My SIL is leaving tomorrow morning for the Coast Starlate (LOL!) for Seattle. She boards her ship on Sunday, so she is allowing a perfect amount of time. Amtrak is famous for being late. We are taking Amtrak from Seattle to Emeryville CA on June 20, looking forward to the cruise just before Amtrak!