Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

West Coast train tour & Alaskan Cruise

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by happylady1, Jun 8, 2005.

1. happylady1

happylady1 Guest

We are trying to plan a trip for June 2006 to Alaska. A few years ago a local radio station offered a tour/cruise that is exactly what we want to do. You flew to California, boarded a train north then boarded the ship in Canada for the 7 day cruise.

Does any know who may offer this? We haven't contacted a travel agent yet, but are still trying to figure what we want to do.

Thanks,
    Kathi

2. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

If you are boarding a train in California, you are talking about taking an Amtrak to Seattle. Based on my experience with that train, I would plan to arrive two days ahead, and pray you get there before the ship leaves. From Los Angeles to Seattle is "scheduled" for two days. I would allow three. The train is the Coast Starlight (AKA the Coast Starlate).

=funsign

3. happylady1

happylady1 Guest

Wow! That's scary......here in West Palm Beach we have a bridge going over the intercoastal called PGA Blvd short for Professional Golf Assoc Blvd, but it is refered to as Please-Go-Around blvd since it is alway broken. LOL

Ever since my husband heard the ad a few years ago, he'a always wanted to do this. It's good to know that we may have to add time before the cruise.

Thanks,
    Kathi
    West Palm Beach

4. GloBug

GloBug Guest

My SIL is leaving tomorrow morning for the Coast Starlate (LOL!) for Seattle. She boards her ship on Sunday, so she is allowing a perfect amount of time. Amtrak is famous for being late. We are taking Amtrak from Seattle to Emeryville CA on June 20, looking forward to the cruise just before Amtrak!