Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What CAN go wrong on my cruise?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by GloBug, May 21, 2004.

1. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Baseballmom - I also have a 14 yr. old son and he really liked the freedom of the golf carts. The 4 of us rented one - 2 in back, 2 in front. We 'tooled' all over, stopped for ice cream, pizza, an art store, whatever tickled our fancy at the time.

Yes, you're right about renting them soon because they do sell out. I don't remember the price exactly, but for some reason I vaguely remember that it was around $60 for a half day, but that was 2 yrs. ago, so I'm sure they're more than that by now. Let us know for sure when you get back, okay? Also, if you walk to the edge of the main harbor street (forgot the name!) by the yacht house, you can look right over the railing and see sea turtles! There's horseback riding back by the golf course and also I think they still offer it inland a ways at the Arabian Ranch.

Glo - Well, that makes sense about feeding the fish. Betcha you'll get to see some then. Even fish have their priorities! :grin

2. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

Thanks Glo and Lady Jaq,

I did call one rental place and if we get there before 11 (or was it 1?) we can get 3 hours for $60. Otherwise, it's $30/hour later in the day. My plan at this point is to hit the gym early (no, nothing noble there...I just wanna be able to eat whatever and whenever I want and not worry about ballooning out of my clothes), grab my son, and get a cart. AFter that, we'll work in the ballroom tour and the semi-sub.

I will definitely look for the sea turtles. I've lived in So. Cal most of my life and have never been to Catalina, so I'm looking forward to it.

I have already packed a small notebook so that I can give my new pal Globug an in-depth review of the cruise from start to finish. I will gladly share anything I learn with all of you, because the Cruise @ddicts have been exceedingly generous with their experiences and advice!!! I know the four days will fly by...

Laurie
    Countin' down to first cruise: Monarch of the Seas June 7, 2004

3. GloBug

GloBug Guest

laurie, maybe these esteemed cruisers know a secret way to slooooowwww dooooown time, so that the 4 days feels longer. I'm already starting to think it might not be long enough.. oh no, does that mean the addiction is starting already?

4. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

Yes, Glo, I have a feeling you and I will become seriously addicted, and we haven't even seen the ship yet!!

:)

5. kemptct

kemptct Guest

On our first cruise we booked for 7 days and I thought it would be too long. Well .... right after we came home we booked our next one, for what else 11 days! If we could afford it we would live on board 24/7/365. Talk about being addicted:) CK

6. baseballmom

baseballmom Guest

CK, I just got back today and I'm already trying to figure out how we can go again SOON. My son and I decided that we would next book a 7-day cruise (we were on Monarch of the Seas for 4 days). Yes, my teen does know how to spend my money!

At the final show last night the cruise director reminded us that over the course of this weekend there will be no chocolates on our pillows, no one to bring us delicious meals, and...if we leave a bath towel on the floor of the bathroom, it will simply stay there until WE pick it up! :) Talk about cold, hard reality....ah, but boy was it fun!!

Laurie

Sadly back home, but already planning cruise #2