Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What does "smart casual" mean...

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by Sandy R, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Sandy R

Sandy R Guest

I just received our pre-cruise info packet from Princess and it states that on a 7 day cruise, there are 2 formal evenings and the rest are "smart casual". For those of you that have recently sailed with Princess, please tell me what "smart casual" is? Is it somewhere between what they used to term "informal" and casual. Does it mean that men are not required to wear jackets and ties on smart casual evenings?

2. Redi2Cruise

Redi2Cruise Guest

Usually the men wear button down shirts (no tie) and slacks or khakis. Ladies wear slacks or skirt & blouse, dress, etc. You will see a variety since many people will dress up no matter if it's formal or not. Shorts are not allowed in dining room for dinner, but you can wear them in the Horizon Court if you don't feel like dressing up.

We've been on Princess 2 times (with 2 more booked). We really enjoyed it. Can't wait until March for the next one!!!

Have fun!

Kathy
    :)

3. cannonball

cannonball Guest

Sandy,
    See the CC board!

4. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

Docker type pants and a nice shirt, polo style with buttons and collar. No jeans, no tee shirts, no shorts.

5. nicurnc

nicurnc Guest

Just got off the Grand 10/20. Swa lots of jeans and T-shirts in the dining rooms. Even a crowd that wore paid flannel shirts (let's see, I'm going on aship called "Grand"...better get out my best flannels for the tropics :) )
    I don't think it matters anymore, where what you want. I personally enjoy being able to dress up.
    The only time I saw anyone confronted about dress was on Princess Cays, A woman in a thong bathing suit was asked to cover-up.

Loretta

6. cannonball

cannonball Guest

Wow, that kind of interesting that they asked someone in thong to cover up. I saw several women with them on both on Princess Cays and on the ship, however, I think they were mostly dancer and therefore had g8 bodies! Wonder what this lady looked like B)