• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is the story behind your board name?

R

red stripe

I know that there are some interesting stories out there.. so come on gang... share them.
cheers,

K

Ken_2001

Red, this is so funny. I was coming into work this morning thinking <<I was able to think becuz no cell phones :lol>> of a thread like this one this morning.

when i logged in the first time, what was it? about a year or so ago, I wanted just my name but it was taken, I tried one or two more, finally I decided when I signed up for Prodigy (remember prodigy!?! :lol ) They gave me some suggested names, and this was one of the names. <<gosh. Prodigy goes back to the late 80's>>

So I hit this one, and it wasn't taken. Nothing special, but it works.

N

nieciez

My name is Denise. My sister called me Niecie when we were little and she couldn't pronounce Denise. Our last name begins with a Z so I became nieciez. I use it on all the boards, cruise and otherwise that I visit.

L

L8inAZ

I am always late(except to board a ship :lol ) and I live in Arizona- therefore L8inAZ.... :)

C

Cruzship

The liscense plate on my car, cruiseship wouldn't fit N.Y. plates. Why Cruzship? Its an old (93) well used Caddy Sedan Deville, and it floats like a boat. Near 165k miles. I feel as though I live in it sometimes...it fits me perfect...I cant kill it...When I move to AZ I'll sell it as a condo :)

M

maw

Maw are my initials, however my kids , DIL , friends and their relatives call me Ma. Paw is Pa to them and daughter is Da(Brenda son could not say the whle name.)

C

Camelia

Camelia is the name of one of my cats, that disappeared soon after I discovered this board and picked a - or her - name. I still think about her when I sign in, wondering what happened. Camelia, the cat, got her name because all our female cats are named after flowers, and we have lots of camelia trees in our yard.

M

megamind

The name of our biz was "Megamind Electronics" before we closed it. So, clear back 10 or so years it has been Megamind. Although, some days its, Nevermind.

Art

J

JAT

Besides the fact that I am woefully uncreative and couldn't come up with anything else, my dad used to have dreams of me playing football and being called JAT (my initials) on the field. Poor dad; I never could play football :lol !

Red, you started this...why Red Stripe?

:USA :AR

A

autobotwannabe

Being a child of the late 70's my child hood memories are all from the 80s. Usually I go for a starwars related login, but wanted something different this time around. Transformers have been big again during the last few years, and were my favorite 22 minute advertisments and toys when I was younger. I like the Autobots...think it would be cool to be one....and came up with Autobotwannabe!

S

snowball

Snowball is the name of one of my dogs. She is a white shepherd mix, and is a very loving, if somewhat goofy animal. A while back I just got into the habit of using her name for different things since it is easy to remember.

Sometimes people think that Snowball is my name because I like the snow, but actually dislike the cold and spend my winters counting the days until spring arrives.

R

red stripe

Because when I first came to the internet I had heard stories of the dangers to women from "stalkers".. :lol
So I thought I would choose a name that did not give away my gender..
It worked very well, as most people thought I was a guy for a few years until I "unveiled" :grin

I often think back to that time, and marvel at the change in attitude in people who think they are talking to a guy... :lol

I

Ichellebereel

I write and produce plays and I am a designer also. I was looking for a name for my business and came up with "ICHELLEBEREEL" Chelle is part of my first name (Rochelle) and reel represents movies. One other motto I use is that "I may not be right, but I shall be real!

B

bombero

I'm a Retired Firefighter, with 30 years of service, of which I'm very proud. Bombero is Spanish for Firefighter.