Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What is the story behind your board name?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by red stripe, Jul 23, 2004.

1. red stripe

red stripe Guest

I know that there are some interesting stories out there.. so come on gang... share them.
    cheers,

2. rhen33

rhen33 Guest

Rhen was the name of my horse I had to put down a few years ago.

3. Ken_2001

Ken_2001 Guest

Red, this is so funny. I was coming into work this morning thinking <<I was able to think becuz no cell phones :lol>> of a thread like this one this morning.

when i logged in the first time, what was it? about a year or so ago, I wanted just my name but it was taken, I tried one or two more, finally I decided when I signed up for Prodigy (remember prodigy!?! :lol ) They gave me some suggested names, and this was one of the names. <<gosh. Prodigy goes back to the late 80's>>

So I hit this one, and it wasn't taken. Nothing special, but it works.

4. nieciez

nieciez Guest

My name is Denise. My sister called me Niecie when we were little and she couldn't pronounce Denise. Our last name begins with a Z so I became nieciez. I use it on all the boards, cruise and otherwise that I visit.

5. runner15km

runner15km Guest

I enjoy running and my favorite racing distance is 15 Kilometers. (9.3 miles)

6. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

I am always late(except to board a ship :lol ) and I live in Arizona- therefore L8inAZ.... :)

7. Cruzship

Cruzship Guest

The liscense plate on my car, cruiseship wouldn't fit N.Y. plates. Why Cruzship? Its an old (93) well used Caddy Sedan Deville, and it floats like a boat. Near 165k miles. I feel as though I live in it sometimes...it fits me perfect...I cant kill it...When I move to AZ I'll sell it as a condo :)

8. maw

maw Guest

Maw are my initials, however my kids , DIL , friends and their relatives call me Ma. Paw is Pa to them and daughter is Da(Brenda son could not say the whle name.)

9. Camelia

Camelia Guest

Camelia is the name of one of my cats, that disappeared soon after I discovered this board and picked a - or her - name. I still think about her when I sign in, wondering what happened. Camelia, the cat, got her name because all our female cats are named after flowers, and we have lots of camelia trees in our yard.

10. Lisa63

Lisa63 Guest

I am so unimaginative... I used my first name and the last two digits of my childhood zip code.

11. megamind

megamind Guest

The name of our biz was "Megamind Electronics" before we closed it. So, clear back 10 or so years it has been Megamind. Although, some days its, Nevermind.

Art

12. JAT

JAT Guest

Besides the fact that I am woefully uncreative and couldn't come up with anything else, my dad used to have dreams of me playing football and being called JAT (my initials) on the field. Poor dad; I never could play football :lol !

Red, you started this...why Red Stripe?

:USA :AR

13. Being a child of the late 70's my child hood memories are all from the 80s. Usually I go for a starwars related login, but wanted something different this time around. Transformers have been big again during the last few years, and were my favorite 22 minute advertisments and toys when I was younger. I like the Autobots...think it would be cool to be one....and came up with Autobotwannabe!

14. snowball

snowball Guest

Snowball is the name of one of my dogs. She is a white shepherd mix, and is a very loving, if somewhat goofy animal. A while back I just got into the habit of using her name for different things since it is easy to remember.

Sometimes people think that Snowball is my name because I like the snow, but actually dislike the cold and spend my winters counting the days until spring arrives.

15. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

I needed a screen name to post on cruise addicts.. This one suits me well...

16. red stripe

red stripe Guest

Because when I first came to the internet I had heard stories of the dangers to women from "stalkers".. :lol
    So I thought I would choose a name that did not give away my gender..
    It worked very well, as most people thought I was a guy for a few years until I "unveiled" :grin

I often think back to that time, and marvel at the change in attitude in people who think they are talking to a guy... :lol

17. I write and produce plays and I am a designer also. I was looking for a name for my business and came up with "ICHELLEBEREEL" Chelle is part of my first name (Rochelle) and reel represents movies. One other motto I use is that "I may not be right, but I shall be real!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. bombero

bombero Guest

I'm a Retired Firefighter, with 30 years of service, of which I'm very proud. Bombero is Spanish for Firefighter.

19. bostongal

bostongal Guest

My hometown...Boston and I'm a gal....

Meg

20. cycofan

cycofan Guest

I am a passionate fan of the Iowa State Cyclones. GO STATE! :)