Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What is the story behind your board name?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by red stripe, Jul 23, 2004.

1. mmgt

mmgt Guest

Mine isn't too creative - mmgt are the first initials for my 4 cats: Mickey, Minnie, GusGus, and Teddy.

Jeanne

NCL Spirit - 9/4/04

Post Edited (07-23-04 22:15)

2. Suez

Suez Guest

I worked hard at my board name, not! First name and an impression (not the real initial) of my last initial.

Suez

3. shadoesmom

shadoesmom Guest

I used to use Tina, my first name & B - first initial from my last name. It was TinaB before the boards changed, then my name got switched, so I just left it.

So now I just use shadoesmom from my cat Shadoe. She is a beautiful but snooty, Tortie-Point Himalayan.

4. obe1

obe1 Guest

OBE are the first 3 letters of my last name, I am a huge Star Wars fan, so I added the 1
    to my name, creating obe1 aka Obewan Kenobi from Star Wars.

Rose :grin

5. belgique

belgique Guest

Being 100% Belgian, first generation American born, decided to honor my heritage. There aren't many Belgians in America to this day, so guess I wanted to go back to the nickname my grandfather called me.

Nieciez - thanks for the explanation - I've read your name a zillion times and thought it was some French word I wasn't familiar with - pronounced it with a French flair!

6. GloBug

GloBug Guest

My name is Glorya, and I've been called lots of things. G (back in the days of telex machines, and shorthand), Glo, Glor, Glory B, but about 2.5 years ago, I transferred to a new dept. at my work, and they started calling me Glo Bug. They also call me G-Lo, but only Carl Furry picked up on that!

BTW, Glorya with a Y is on my birth certificate, and caused me problems all my life. In high school, they registered me as George, and enrolled me in boys gym and wood shop. I wanted to go to woodshop, but in the lat 60's they weren't as gender-aware as they are now, so that got nixed. My name has officially been misspelled so many times, I probably have several alias' that I don't even know about! LOL!

7. dezertcruzer

dezertcruzer Guest

Well, I live in the Arizona desert, and I love to cruise, hence, dezertcruzer!

8. sage

sage Guest

I was thinking of a name, and my beautiful Bouvier furbaby was sitting next to me, as always, and to honor this wise and gentle creature, I chose her name, Sage.

9. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Guest

Another one named after one of my 2 cats.

Also, I love Cinnamon swirl bread when we come to the States on holiday. It is a spice that is used much more extensively over there and so reminds me of holidays. Mind you, the smell that emanates from those Cinna-bon outlets is rather sickening sometimes when you are in a mall or airport terminal.

As my real name is Corinne, the letters are also not so different. I have met people on a meet and mingle on board who continued to call me Cinnamon, so I am glad that I chose a name I like to hear.

Cinnamon

10. cruizintexas

cruizintexas Guest

Not real creative here ~ We are going Cruising soon, thus Cruizin and we live in Texas.
    Now, my email name is paigebackntx -- because, I am Paige and I am finally back in Texas!! Little jab at the inlaws there.

11. JANPEP

JANPEP Guest

Well not very creative here Jan is my nickname short for Janice & Pep was my deceased husband nickname.

12. lainie

lainie Guest

My screen name is pretty boring. My name is Elaine. Growing up my family called me Lainie and it stuck. My sister's name is Alexis. So for years the two of us were known as ~Lainie and Lexie~!! :grin :grin
    As an adult, I actually like the name Lainie better than the formal sounding Elaine. But, I guess Mom and Dad named me after a Shakespearian character -- Elaine, Lady of the Lake. My sister is named after the actress Alexis Smith.

Post Edited (07-24-04 10:14)

13. 2TallMike

2TallMike Guest

5'20", you'll need to ask my folks why MIke.........:grin

14. The Cruiser

The Cruiser Guest

I'm always cruising. Either by ship or in my vehicle.

15. BostonsJ

BostonsJ Guest

Well I lived in MA in a small Town and no one would have recognized the name of it. Everyone knows Boston. So I chose Boston's J. Judy being my first name. Many people felt I should change my board name to Golden's J but I disagreed. While I am happy here in CO I was born and lived in MA all my life. So it remains Boston's J.

16. red stripe

red stripe Guest

great responces.... any more out there?

17. herb

herb Guest

When I started getting involved with the message boards I didn't have the slightest clue on thinking up a special name. When I was asked to supply "user name" I did!

I was in such a rush that I forgot to capitalize the "h"...

18. tequilamary

tequilamary Guest

My neighbors gave me this nickname after a couple of our block parties- -I guess you can figure out one of my favorite liquids to pair with lime and salt!!

19. I chose mine because each time I think about our upcoming cruise I keep thinking, "I Can't wait, I can't wait". LOL

20. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

I love cruisin and I live in Texas. I also wanted a name that wasn't gender specific.