Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What size table do you recommend (6,8, or 10)?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Jane, May 3, 2001.

1. Jane

Jane Guest

What size table do you recommend for a couple in their 30s? (6,8,10)?

2. Cruz'n_Carol

Cruz'n_Carol Guest

I like 10 to meet a lot of new people and with that many, theres a good chance that one or more couples will be compatible.

3. PattyK

PattyK Guest

My husband and I are in are mid-30s. We prefer a table for 8. It seems to us that the table for 10 is too big...it's sometimes harder to really get to know the others at the table. We have also had good luck with 6 but our preference is 8. Hope that helps.

PattyK

4. cruzship

cruzship Guest

I have found that the rectangular tables for 10 are too big too enjoy(read:hear) everyone. We prefer the 6 to 8 person round tables..

5. Seawall

Seawall Guest

I agree, the table for eight is a good choice. You've got a shot that you will find something in common with one of the other three couples.

6. glo-ree-bee

glo-ree-bee Guest

Like the round tables of 8 You can always hear everyone when they speak.

7. PEB

PEB Guest

I prefer 6. You are able to hear everyone and it seems easier to get to know everyone. At least to me it seems that way.

8. Doulton

Doulton Guest

Ditto on the hearing problems depending on the ship and the layout of the dinning room. Was on a Princess cruise from Vancouver to Mexico one year at a table for 8 and could barely carry on a conversation because of the noise level. We have always enjoyed large tables but our best cruise was at a table for 4 where we had the most delightful senor couple as our tablemates. Also was seated one cruise at a table for 10 where the other 8 were traveling together, felt like odd man out.

Doulton

9. nieciez

nieciez Guest

Generally I agree to the table for 8, but on our last 7 day cruise we had a large round table for 10 that 11 sat around (we were an adult family group). I was surprised that we could all talk very comfortably, even my Mom and husband who have hearing problems in these situations.

DeniseZ B)

10. mark

mark Guest

We prefer a table for 4 or 6 but no more. It is difficult to hear conversations with the commotion around you at a larger table. Of course the advantage of a larger table is that you are with more people and a greater chance of meeting someone your own age and that you have something in common with. We have been on 11 cruises and have been seated at large and small tables and still prefer the smaller.

11. Divetex

Divetex Guest

Table for 2.