Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What the best cruise for Oasis of the Seas?Western or Eastern?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by cruisegirl29, Aug 14, 2010.

1. cruisegirl29

cruisegirl29 Active Member

Im planning on going on a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. However, I have seen debate about going on the Eastern or Western cruises. This will be my first cruise, so I have no idea which would be the best.:thankyou:

2. Mbandy

Mbandy Well-Known Member

While neither itinerary really excites me that much, I love Costa Maya and Cozumel the best. St Thomas and St Maarten are nice too but I like the Western Caribbean. I would prefer Labadee to Nassau too.

In reality the Oasis of the Seas is a destination in its own right. :spyglass:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  3. katie111

katie111 Active Member

:sunny: I agree with the above poster. Have been to St. Thomas, San Juan, and Nassau. The only one we semi liked was St. Thomas. Labadee is wonderful!! We have been there a couple of times. We are booked next year on the Oasis for the Western Itinerary and are very excited to go to the new destinations. Which ever one you choose, you will still have a wonderful time. Good Luck:sunny:

4. earl_m

earl_m Social Host

I also agree, The Oasis,is the destination. A ship that size takes a week to see everything on board.

5. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

Welcome to Cruise @ddicts.

I very much agree with the other posters that Oasis is a destination unto itself and you could easily spend the entire week exploring her. However, in simplistic terms, Eastern Caribbean is preferred by shoppers and beach lovers while Western Caribbean is preferred by what I call "human fish" - those who love to snorkel, SCUBA, etc., visit beaches and visit ancient ruins.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

6. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Either one would be find with me. The ship itself is a treat - Happy cruising