Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

what to see and where to go in alaska and bc

Discussion in 'Alaska & Pacific Northwest Ports' started by linnie, Apr 20, 2003.

1. linnie

linnie Guest

We will be going on the rccl legend in june. What would you recommend in the ports. We will also be in vancouver for 5 days. what should we do. anybody been there or to victoria, or san juan islands.
    we have whale watched in hawaii, is it any different in alaska.

2. PEB

PEB Guest

Yes whale watching can be a little different in Alaska because you may be fortunate enough to see the whales bubble feed. This is quite a sight. I have whale watched in both Alaska and Hawaii. If you want to take a whale watch in Alaska I would suggest going out of Juneau with Capt Larry of Orca Enterprises. The naturalists from the ships also use him. It is a smaller faster boat and Larry does know where to go.

Juneau or Skagway are great for helicopter tours if you have the money and are interested. Skagway has great views if you take the White Pass Railway or a Yukon tour.

Ketchikan the totem parks, kayaking or harbor tours are very interesting.

I have cruised Alaska multiple times and I always find something new and interesting to do.