Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What to wear on Cave Tubing excursion

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by AF24, Aug 31, 2004.

1. AF24

AF24 Guest

Hubby and I are doing the Jungle Walk/Cave Tubing excursion in Belize in 2 weeks. I'm just wondering what kind of footwear to wear on this. I'd like to wear my sneakers for the hike, but I don't want them getting wet. If I wear shoes that are okay to get wet, I'm afraid they won't be good for the walking portion.

Any suggestions??

2. runner15km

runner15km Guest

3. FLBRATT

FLBRATT Guest

Teva's are great.....and you can get them much cheaper on Ebay!

4. AF24

AF24 Guest

Thanks so much for the information! I'll have to check those out and see if I can find them in a store around here.

5. Nanatravel

Nanatravel Guest

Teva style sandals are great. I bought my husbands in KMart for about $5. He hates sandles but now wears them to the beach! I wore cheap canvas sneakers, also about a $5 bargain. These did not have the support my Reebocks provided, but worked out great for the trek in and out and the Cave Tubing. Wear your swimsuit and a t-shirt. Paddling with your arms, you may get a rubber burn on the underside top portion of your arms. Be sure to bring some hydrocortesoine cream or Neosporin just in case. This type of burn hurts.

Have a great cruise.
    Bon Voyage

6. AF24

AF24 Guest

Thanks Nanatravel! I read this just in time! We are leaving for the airport in about 1/2 an hour, and I just added the cream to the suitcase!

Fortunately, hubby and I were both able to find some suitable shoes yesterday. Great time to buy sandals - not only were they on sale, but then were an additonal 50% off the sale price. Yee hah! :)

Let's hope Ivan behaves himself, although it looks like our Grand Caymans stop will be cancelled.

Thanks again!! :)