• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's the cheapest you can remember paying for a gallon of gas?

Cruise cutie

I started driving in 1975..my Parents firm had a fleet of vehicles..:).I had whatever was available to drive..Poppa had a business account at the gas station.I'd have to drive, in, say "fill'er up".. and sign..( I could sign my Poppa's name better than him!!!....:biggrin:..)..it was 49.9 cents then...

after I got married in 1979 I clearly remember it going up to 55 cents a gallon.course salaries were about 7 bucks an hour tops in my field..:whistle:so it all has to be in perspective..

Cheapie gas here in CT Vermont this week..3.72 a gallon..fun question..:)..Joanne...

nieciez

Community Sponsor
Here is a picture of me with my 65 VW HS graduation night.

and this picture was taken in November of 69 when I enterd my 66 Mustang in a car competition.

Corky

Very nice, Nieciez, very nice!! I've had 3 vw bugs and would get another in a flash if I could. In the mid-70's one of my girlfriend had a blue mustang...it was a nice ride for sure!

Hooked

I remember when it was .19 cents! And of course green stamps. We paid $3.29 a gallon south of Cleveland today. When I filled up before we left NY it was $3.89???????

bob

Community Manager
Staff member
Why would you want to buy gas in Cleveland........ oh ya, so you can get out of town.............

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Here is a picture of me with my 65 VW HS graduation night.

and this picture was taken in November of 69 when I enterd my 66 Mustang in a car competition.

Gosh - this aged me in an instant! You graduated High School in 1969, and I got my PhD that year. BTW, did your snazzy Mustang win the car competition?

reggae

Love your pictures, Denise! Sure brings back memories for me.

That sure is a cool Mustang! I'll have to look to see if I can find a picture of mine..

NiteStar

When I was in high school, gas stations across the street from each other used to have what we called "gas wars". During one of these price wars, the Sinclair station on the corner of the street where my then boyfriend lived, had gas at 19 cents a gallon.

randy

As a teenager, I remember being amazed at the prices during the gas wars--19.9! Gas hovered around 25 cents for what seemed like forever, but by the time I was in college, I was already paying 45 cents! Rip off!
Filled up this AM for $3.33 and felt pretty happy about it! Too strange!

Cyndi

We paid 15 cents a gallon, in Waco Texas where I started driving and a little later, while I was engaged to Ed they gave me flat wear, one place setting for each fill up our oldest son is still useing it... :) good stuff !!

Corky

Gas went from 3.239 to 3.459 yesterday afternoon between 2 and 4 pm - same gas station as I passed it going and coming. That makes me furious!!! :doubledown: