• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What's your dog's name, and how did he get it?

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered

This was my beloved Topaz, a Lhasa Apso. Her "mother's" name was Tiffany, so I named her Oriental Topaz from Tiffany.

She had stunning eyes.

Pucci still loves this cushion...

Calgon1

Awaiting results of mental evaluation
reggae and Calgon, it's so amazing to see how much the GS's coloring changed from their baby pics to their big selves. I didnt' realize that was a common thing with GS's.
Same as with peoples ... Either we go gray ... or bald!

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Topaz LOVED dressing up...either to go out or for photos (before the days of digital photography - at least, digital for me). Pucci, on the other hand, has enough self-esteem NOT to like dressing except for sweaters in winter when it's chilly for him. He's so gentle - he'll tolerate goofy costumes for photos, but then "lemme outta here"!

Speaking of changing colors, Topaz was dark brown as a baby puppy then grew into the beautiful cream color. Pucci, whom I first met at 12 weeks, was always his cream color.

Last edited:

Whimsy

Topaz was a beautiful dog Mary Ann.

Zsa Zsa loves wearing a sweater or other shirt. I will ask if she wants to put a pretty sweater on and she jumps right up to her dressing table, the ottoman. She is not big on anything on her head though.

Jeanie

Jersey came into our lives the day we returned from our first group cruise in 2004. We named her Jerseygirl in honor of our home state since we were liviing in South Carolina at the time. She immedialey befriended out cat Clueless. Her name came about because we did not have a clue what to name her.

DSC01365.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

ShipMaven

Forever Remembered
Love the photos, Jeanie. Can't decide which is cuter - Jersey and Clueless sitting at the top of the steps, or Jersey eating with Clueless looking on!

gottagoacruzn

Hi, years ago, adopted this 8 week old Cocker Spaniel pup/mix and didn't know what to name him, well after a week, I thought, like to watch MASH, so I'll name him Radar after the character on MASH. My neice when she first started talking couldn't say Radar, so she would call him Rara or Rayra. My neice would say, Mere Rayra. The dog after Radar, was named Shadow. The dog I have now is named Pepper.

Last edited: