Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

What's your dog's name, and how did he get it?

Discussion in 'Community Message Board' started by GloBug, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Forever Remembered

[​IMG]

This was my beloved Topaz, a Lhasa Apso. Her "mother's" name was Tiffany, so I named her Oriental Topaz from Tiffany.

She had stunning eyes.

Pucci still loves this cushion...

2. GloBug

GloBug Senior Flea Coller Tester

Thank you for posting a pic of Topaz. She was a beautiful furbaby.

Is that a little red bow on her tail?

3. ShipMaven

Yes - it was Christmas time. She had the bows on her ears and above her tail.

4. GloBug

Awww, perfect!

5. Calgon1

Calgon1 Awaiting results of mental evaluation

Same as with peoples ... Either we go gray ... or bald!

6. ShipMaven

Topaz LOVED dressing up...either to go out or for photos (before the days of digital photography - at least, digital for me). Pucci, on the other hand, has enough self-esteem NOT to like dressing except for sweaters in winter when it's chilly for him. He's so gentle - he'll tolerate goofy costumes for photos, but then "lemme outta here"!

Speaking of changing colors, Topaz was dark brown as a baby puppy then grew into the beautiful cream color. Pucci, whom I first met at 12 weeks, was always his cream color.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. GloBug

Kiefer will let me put hats on him or bows etc for pics, but after it's over he wants his dignity back. LOL!

8. Whimsy

Whimsy Well-Known Member

Topaz was a beautiful dog Mary Ann.

Zsa Zsa loves wearing a sweater or other shirt. I will ask if she wants to put a pretty sweater on and she jumps right up to her dressing table, the ottoman. She is not big on anything on her head though.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

Jersey came into our lives the day we returned from our first group cruise in 2004. We named her Jerseygirl in honor of our home state since we were liviing in South Carolina at the time. She immedialey befriended out cat Clueless. Her name came about because we did not have a clue what to name her.

[​IMG]
    DSC01365.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  10. ShipMaven

Love the photos, Jeanie. Can't decide which is cuter - Jersey and Clueless sitting at the top of the steps, or Jersey eating with Clueless looking on!

11. Jeanie

Jeanie Well-Known Member

We sure miss our Clueless.

12. ShipMaven

I'm sorry, Jeanie. I didn't realize Clueless is playing with Topaz.

13. gottagoacruzn

gottagoacruzn Well-Known Member

Hi, years ago, adopted this 8 week old Cocker Spaniel pup/mix and didn't know what to name him, well after a week, I thought, like to watch MASH, so I'll name him Radar after the character on MASH. My neice when she first started talking couldn't say Radar, so she would call him Rara or Rayra. My neice would say, Mere Rayra. The dog after Radar, was named Shadow. The dog I have now is named Pepper.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011