• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

wheelchairs

A

amunger

I am going to Alaska on the Diamond. My mother is in a wheelchair. will they let wheelchairs board first or at least have easy access?
Thank you

F

Frank Black

Everyone boards the same time these days. You just cannot go to your cabin until about 1:30PM. A wheel chair will not hold anyone up very long. She will be first to debark though.

S

Snowblower

You board when you board. Access in Seattle on the Diamond is not great but the cruise staff will assist you. My mother-in-law needs a wheelchair and they helped her getting on/off at every port. As the Diamond Princess is not an american flag vessel (as with all other Princess ships too) there not required by law to comply with the U.S. ADA laws.

J

jhodel

We just returned from the Sapphire Princess, and WC people do get ahead of some others. When we first got on, we did wait in a shorter line because my mom used one of their WC's to enter. It is a very long up ramp to embark. The staff was very helpful to people in WC';s.