Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

When should cruise docs arrive?

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by sing2sas, Oct 9, 2002.

1. sing2sas

sing2sas Guest

We're cruising on the Sea Princess on Nov. 2 and haven't seen our docs yet. Does the travel agent get the docs, or do they send them directly to the passengers? How soon do you think they'll arrive? As you can guess, I'm getting anxious. Only 3 weeks from Friday!
    Sue

2. Bill B

Bill B Guest

Princess sends them to the TA who sends them to you.

On all our cruises we have received them between 10 and 6 days before leaving (makes me crazy). However, we have mostly done repositioning cruises with air through the line (flying one-way or 'open jaw') because it's less expensive than I could get on my own. If you don't have air throught the line, I think you can expect the docs any day now.

3. Ali

Ali Guest

As Bill said it really depends on your air arrangements. I cruise with Royal Caribbean and do my own air. I have received my docs as far out as 2 months prior to sailing. Twice I have actually had to do pier pick up as the docs never arrived. It's not a problem if that happens either. I just brought my booking ID with me. Your docs will be arriving shortly. You can also call your TA and have her check to see if the cruiseline even mailed them yet.

4. I booked thru a local TA and air seperate. My docs were sent 3 weeks prior to my TA

5. Stargazerm31

Stargazerm31 Guest

As others have said depends on whether you did air with the cruiseline. I don't so we tend to get ours anywhere from 2 weeks to 5 weeks before sailing. I have had to go to the pier without docs. As long as they have you as a booked passanger, it doesn't matter. I wouldn't worry about it.

6. Judi T

Judi T Guest

We're cruising on November 16th out of Los Angeles, and I just received my documents TODAY!!! Hooray! We aren't flying anywhere, since we live just outside of LA. By my calculations, we have about 5 weeks to go and we already have our docs!!! Maybe you get them faster if you don't have airline tickets. We're on our way!!! Is it too early to leave for the docks now?!!!

7. sing2sas

sing2sas Guest

We booked our own air so I've been watching for the docs every day this week. Thanks for all your replies. I feel better knowing we can go to the port, if necessary, and give them our booking ID# and be OK. We preregistered on the Princess website, so everything should be good to go.

Sue

8. Spender Nui

Spender Nui Guest

You should have received them by now - especially if Princess isn't providing air. You are probably OK but I'd check with my TA to be sure.

9. sing2sas

sing2sas Guest

My cruise docs finally came today! I called my TA last Friday and he said he was putting them in overnight mail. Only 10 days until we leave!