Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

When was your 1st Cruise and what ship?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Kathy G, May 16, 2002.

1. Kathy G

Kathy G Guest

Flavia July 1974 and it was for my 16th birthday!

Kathy G

2. Bibb

Bibb Guest

NCL's Southward in 1985. A 7-day cruise out of Miami.

3. Ali

Ali Guest

October 1990 on the Emerald Seas....96 of us on a group cruise. That's what started this cruising addiction.

4. Boston's J

Boston's J Guest

I think it was 1996 when my step dad died and I took my mother away. We sailed on the SS Norway and were spoiled rotten.

Judy

5. Sunshine

Sunshine Guest

1983. Pacquet Cruise Lines and the ship was called The Rhapsody. I fell in love with cruising on that trip!

6. Blake

Blake Guest

Mine was on the Carnival Ecstasy in May of 1997. A tornado struck Miami just as we had embarked on the ship that day. It was for my 10th b-day + a family trip. That is what started my CRUISING ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Anna B.

Anna B. Guest

1997 Majesty Of The Seas. Both my husband & I celebrating retirement.

8. Bill&Jan

Bill&Jan Guest

Ours was our honeymoon in 1983 on the Costa Carla C., southern Caribean. Truely a classic! That's just about when the cruise revoloution was starting. It sure is different now, but I like them all!

Constellation 2/1/03 - 20th Aniversary Cruise

9. seamom

seamom Guest

1978.......Mardi Gras with Carnival............and I was young, single and partying!!......lol

10. Seawall

Seawall Guest

Commodore's Enchanted Capri; August, 1998.

11. Kathy G

Kathy G Guest

Seamom I can relate - I sailed on Mardi Gras in 1975 and had a blast!! Those were the days where you knew everyone on the ship by the second day!! Especially the other "singles"!!!

Kathy G

12. cannonball

cannonball Guest

Carnival Fantasy, June 1997, Family Vacation

13. Davef

Davef Guest

Carnival Fantasy in 1994

14. CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva Guest

SS Norway in 1989 and then the Mardi Gras six months later :)

15. herb

herb Guest

I just finished the 5th grade and we sailed to Germany on the BREMEN and after a 6 week visit with relatives we sailed back to NY on the EUROPA.

herb

16. July 1986 on Carnival's brand new Holiday. 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, & Nassau. I remember it like it was yesterday.

72 Days til the Triumph

17. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Our first ship was Royal Princess and I think the year was 1990. We must have liked it alot as we followed that cruise up with many, many more!!!

18. Cindy

Cindy Guest

Our 1st cruise was also on Costa's "Flavia". I think it was in 1976. That was many, many cruises ago and looking forward to lots more.
    Cindy

19. judimcc

judimcc Guest

Carnival Holiday on a 3-day Baja cruise, stopping in Ensenada - May 1998.

Second cruise a big step up: Radisson Paul Gauguin in French Polynesia - Nov. 1998.

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Matson Lines' LURLINE from San Francisco to Honolulu and return (3 weeks later) in 1950.