Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

When was your 1st Cruise and what ship?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Kathy G, May 16, 2002.

1. Barbarak

Barbarak Guest

August 1998, The Mercury, 7 day Alaska ................. and that was that, HOOKED! :lol

2. tispwisp

tispwisp Guest

Golden Princess - March 30, 2002! Definitely hooked! Hoping to find the time and money to do two to three a year someday! Right now we're only doing one a year!

3. logcabin

logcabin Guest

February 1999 Carnival Fascination, hubby surprised me for my 40th, and we're both hooked.

4. Kathy N

Kathy N Guest

Our first cruise was with Sitmar Lines on the Fairsky (now the Pacific Sky for P&O) and I believe it was in 1985. I still remember almost every moment. It was like falling in love.

5. cruiserd

cruiserd Guest

Carnival Fantasy in 2001!!!! I have gone on 5 cruises since!!!! Talk about an addiction!!!

6. January 1982 "CARNIVALE" with our two youngest, son 17 daughter 15,7 days Miami. Samana DR, San Juan PR., St. Thomas and return to Miami. We had the cheapest cabin on the Ship and it was wonderful.

7. NiteStar

NiteStar Guest

The Royal Majesty..........5 day cruise out of Miami to Cozumel and Key West.......January, 1995

8. trailhiker

trailhiker Guest

The S S Norway and I think it was 1992. We were hooked!

9. Kathy  Atkins

Kathy Atkins Guest

1985,Emerald Seas, been addicted ever since!

10. Mar

Mar Guest

It was in 1982. The last year of HAL's old Statendam. The weather was rough and the stabilizers not working very well but we still got "hooked". It was an eleven day cruise and we really loved it.

11. Linda & Jim

Linda & Jim Guest

1979 on the Carnivale to the Eastern Caribbean. Loved every minute of it.

12. PEB

PEB Guest

Our first was in 1991 aboard the SS Independence for a full eclipse in Hawaii.

13. LjeanBrown

LjeanBrown Guest

Our first cruise was on the Nordic Empress (RCI) in 1991. Like everyone else,we
    have been addicted since the moment we began.

Laurie :wave :dance :wave

14. Reader

Reader Guest

Voyager 2001!! From the time we got home Iall I thought about was how to get to my second cruise (lol)

Aka Gigi

15. ME@SEA

ME@SEA Guest

Anniversary Cruise..(love that hubby!!!) Monarch of the seas 1999.... 7 day Southern Carribean ....

16. DisneyBlonde

DisneyBlonde Guest

First cruise was The Grand Princess, Feb 1998.

17. LindaG

LindaG Guest

I just got spoiled last Nov. Took my very first cruise on the Celebrity Century. How I wish I discovered the joys of cruising long ago. The entire experience was mind boggling to say the least! Being one with the sea is a great feeling. The sounds of the sea, the smell of the air, seeing & getting a short taste of the islands........Ahhhhh.....
    The pampering, the food, the people....... I am so looking forward to my next cruise this Nov.

18. Donna - dsw

Donna - dsw Guest

American Hawaiian - SS Independence - 1994 loved it! We got married on the beach in Kaui while on this cruise.

19. Kathy

Kathy Guest

1985 on the Jubilee to celebrate our 1st anniversary and we've been hooked ever since. George wanted to cruise for our honeymoon but I was afraid I'd get seasick and wouldn't like it, so we flew to St. Thomas and St. Croix for 2 weeks. We had a great time but if I'd known then how great cruising was, we could have put all that money towards a fabulous cruise.

But we've learned now and cruising is definitely our choice for vacation!

20. Pilgrim Pete

Pilgrim Pete Guest

Our first crusing experience was a 4 night Bahamas & Key West out of Miami on the RCI Sovereign of the Seas at the end of a three week vacation on our first trip to Florida / America. We loved it that much we were back six months later for a 7 nighter on the Enchantment.