Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

When was your 1st Cruise and what ship?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by Kathy G, May 16, 2002.

1. Pilgrim Pete

Pilgrim Pete Guest

Ooops !
    Sovereign in May 00
    Enchantment Dec00

2. fourkids

fourkids Guest

Carnival Sensation 1996...had a great time!!! Now we are hooked

:daisy :daisy

3. Hucc

Hucc Guest

Norwegian Majesty, September 1998, Boston - Bermuda

4. 2TallMike

2TallMike Guest

Halloween 2000, Nordic Empress. 4 night Eastern Carib, left from San Juan. The ship had not cleared the pier and I knew that I'd be back and that 4 days was not enough.

5. Einstein

Einstein Guest

1978 and the Carnival Mardi Gras as well. Hmm you were not on the same cruise as me were you Seamom??? :lol I was the sober one ... Yeah Right. :grin Probably the reason why I have NO recollection of what that ship was like. :dance

6. JohnG

JohnG Guest

December 1991 for our third anniversary we sailed aboard Regal Princess 7 days in the Caribbean. Our first two anniversaries were spent at the Homestead and at Wintergreen in snowey weather. Enough! In 1990 we went to Cancun and then strarted cruising in 1991. Lost my job 2 months later, but nothing stops an addict.

Karen's first cruise was aboard the QE@ with her mother and brother before we met.

Princess and QE2 for starters. No wonder we have learned to love cruises.

7. 1964 USS Kitty Hawk CVA 63. First cruise Ship Carnival's Festival 1992.

8. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Maxim Gorky, 1975

9. Marcella

Marcella Guest

Mine was a four-day Baja cruise on the Azure Seas out of L.A with my sister and her friends. I would've been 20 and sis 18. There are several things I remember...

I remember how hot and humid it was in San Diego when we visited the zoo.

My roomies thought the room was so small, but being an addict, I found it cozy and adequate for our needs.

Michael Berger (who eventually did a morning show in the 90's) was our comedian, and he made jokes about several in our group, including my sister. He was great!

There were two college friends seated at our table, and all we did was talk about how great the food was. One night at dinner, someone in our group asked me what was the biggest cruise ship, and of course being the addict of the bunch, I knew the answer (Sovereign).

10. ALF

ALF Guest

First Cruise ever was our honeymoon Cruise onboard NCL (S/S Norway) in 1984....got hooked, and still CRUISIN!!!

ALF

11. ilovecruises

ilovecruises Guest

The BIG RED BOAT - August 1992.

Just me and my 6 year old son. What a GREAT time we had!

Julie

12. kkathy

kkathy Guest

1995, Majesty of the Seas. It was a Jazz Cruise in honor of Oscar Petterson. We had
    great music for 7 days with a variety of Jazz Musicians.

KathyK

13. o2cruise

o2cruise Guest

Our first cruise was in March 2000 aboard Dawn Princess out of San Juan....celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary...What a fantastic time and such a memorable time....we both decided then that cruising is the "only" vacation for us.....I am soooooo glad that we took that plunge and took that cruise...only wish we would have done it sooner!!!! Looking forward to many more

14. Charlene

Charlene Guest

The first cruise was 1985 Dolphin to the bahamas
    1986 Starward Western caribbean
    1988 Norway Eastern caribbean
    1994 Fair Princess Mexican Riveria
    1997 Senation San Juan E. caribbean
    1999 Regal Princess Panama Canal
    2000 Enchantment of the Seas E. caribbean
    2001 Grandeur of the Seas Mediterranian
    2002 Golden Princess Eastern caribbean
    booking 2003 Dawn Princess Southern caribbean

15. watergirl

watergirl Guest

Our first cruise was November, 2000, on the Galaxy for a Southern Caribbean.
    Can't believe we waited so long for our first cruise. I was just in awe of everything.

Jeanie

16. ginny

ginny Guest

Premiere's Oceanic in 1985, I still remember the wonderful food.

17. :COUPLE My husband and I went on our first cruise in 1987 on the Nordic Prince from New York to Bermuda. We had perfect weather, great food, great tablemates(our whole table was asked to dine with the Captain) and we made lifelong friends with another couple who are from New Orleans. Since then we have cruised 6 more times( 3 of those with those friends), and are going on the Adventure of the Seas this June. Life is good when you can afford to cruise. :wave

18. unhcat

unhcat Guest

Our first cruise was on the Monarch of the Seas in April of 2000...we loved it so much, we HAD to go on a cruise for our honeymoon last October! I never thought I would have so much fun!!!!

19. LaDawn

LaDawn Guest

First cruise was on Carnival's Carnivale in April 1982. It was to be a "once in a lifetime" vacation. Number 19 is coming up in September - would you say I'm addicted?!

20. cruisaholic

cruisaholic Guest

July 1981, The Emerald Seas.