Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

When will 2006 Itineraries & Prices be out?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by Lady Jag, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Does anyone know? Getting a bit anxious to see this info.

Thanks! :wave :) :wave

2. I've been hoping someone else would answer this question as I, too, am anxious to see the itineraries!

However, I'll chime in with what little I know. I believe I was told by one of the future cruise planners on board a HAL ship once that the printed brochures don't come out until fall. That's a long time to wait! I believe pricing and itineraries must be available online or to TAs prior to that?

3. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Yes, I'm sure it is, in fact, I was hoping it'd be out pretty soon. ShipMaven, where are you? We need your help! =dunno

You'd think HAL would catch up with all the other cruise lines that have schedules out all the way to April, 2006! Patience is not a virtue I possess! :mad

4. Maybe ShipMaven is lucky enough to be on a cruise right now! I know I sure wish I was! We're buried under snow at the moment, with more on the way, and I can only dream of such things!

5. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

We've finally had 1 day without rain today, but a big storm is brewing in the Pacific right now. I guess there's a lot of moisture coming our way from Hawaii and cold air & rain from the North. They said to expect a "very large amt. of rain" (and maybe snow for you, LandLocked). We're already at 4x our normal rainfall!!

ShipMaven is heading out on the Volendam, if I remember correctly. That's probably why she's not around. I forgot - duh! :dizzy

6. Yes, your rain = my snow.
    We'll have to keep this thread where ShipMaven will see it when she returns. :)

7. elo13

elo13 Guest

We were told by the cruise consultant aboard Prinsendam (granted, three weeks ago) that the 2006 itineraries would be out in March-April (not necessarily the brochures). She had the 2006 world cruise, and was selling a fair amount of it. That's all we know. We too, are waiting - and waiting - and waiting!

8. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

I read somewhere that HAL was going to position a newer ship in NYC. I'm interested to see if thats true.

9. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

John - I also heard it would be either the new Noordam or Westerdam. =dunno

10. Could this possibly mean more Trans-Atlantic crossings?

11. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

HAL is always THEE LAST to come out with itineraries and prices. My first HAL cruise was in 1995 and TA's were complaining about it back then...and they're still complaining about it. Drives me bonkers!

And yes, ShipMaven is on the Volendam with the duck crew. They're due back on Saturday (the 15th), assuming the ship and captain are still in one piece after 10 days with that group!

12. I am on HAL's web site right now- looks like at least some 2006 itineraries are out!

13. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

The new Noordam will be positioned in NYC - 10- and 11-night cruises. I don't have the specifics yet.

I'm glad to report that the Volendam AND her Captain are in one piece. However, there's a large contingent of bagpipers from bonnie Scotland on board now for their yearly cruise...who knows what THEY will do! :lol

14. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

I have the listing of the ten and eleven day cruises scheduled for Noordam roundtrip to the Caribbean from New York. I will post them later today when I 'dig them out'.

We just returned from 12 days on Veendam and I'm still getting us settled back in.

15. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

Thanks MaryAnn & Sail7seas! If you happen to have any other itineraries, I'd appreciate it you posted those too - or at least what general route each ship will be doing, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks! :) :thumb

16. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

We are excited to hear about the Noordam out of NYC. This is a very good thing. Could there be a "DUCK" cruise leaving from here??????????????????

17. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

I dunno, John. The Ducks seem to gravitate to the Duckendam, aka Volendam, but anything is possible. :)

To be honest, though, for 2006 (not necessarily duck-related), I'm looking at Volendam's cruise to Hawaii in April!!!

18. ualtim

ualtim Guest

Looks like just the Noordam schedule is on the HAL website so far for the spring of 2006. Still waiting on the rest of the fleet.

19. JOHN(NJ)

JOHN(NJ) Guest

I hope the "Ducks" take a Fall cruise sometime...........................

20. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

The "ducks" have taken a fall cruise in the past - sort of transitioning between rubber chickens to ducks - but I don't foresee anything until, at least, 2006. Certainly not another Duck Cruise this year. THE optimum duck cruises are always on the Duckendam, aka Quackendam, aka Volendam - but it's possible that another ship could attract us at some point in the future. All depends on where the ducks wish to go. :grin But I really don't think another ship and, especially, another Captain would provide the same atmosphere....