• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Where can I buy sesame seeds and poppy seeds?

C

Cricket

I need to buy these seeds for a salad recipe I want to make for Christmas, but I am not sure if grocery stores sell them. I just need a couple tablespoons of the seeds. I sure would appreciate any suggestions as to where to buy them!!

T

TinaLee

Does your local grocery store have a bakery? Stop by, explain your problem... that you only need a couple of tablespoons of each, and see if they'll either sell or give them to you - I promise any bakery will have both!

Otherwise, yes - they sell them with the spices, but they aren't cheap!

Good luck!

S

suer182

Does your grocery store have a bulk food section? If you cant find them let me know, Wegmans and its compo both sell them in the package nuts section. I can send you some :lol The bakery is another good suggestion.

S

SHIPLOOKOUT

have definitely bought poppy seeds in spice section of grocery in nyc dont know about the other

R

Rubysky

If you just need a little look in the spice section.
Do you have an Eastern, Mediterranean or Indian store in your area? Trader Joe's maybe. Health food store.

S

sail7seas

Did you find them? What are you making?

Every market in our area always has them readily available.

C

Cricket

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions..except for DonB! Hehehe!
I am going shopping tomorrow so I definitely will look in the spice section of our grocery store maybe even our bakery section! I am making a spinach salad that sounds so delicious that I found on allrecipes.com. It was rated in the top ten best of all their recipes! It calls for a homemade dressing that has sesame seeds and poppy seeds. For Christmas I am making homemade lasagna and I buy all my ingredients for it in an Italian store in Little Italy, Baltimore City. Along with their homemade garlic bread and the salad I should be set! Dessert is homemade canolis!! Anybody nearby that would like to come visit is welcome!! Dinner is served at 4 PM.

C

Cricket

Thank you sail7seas! have a wonderful Christmas and a very prosperous and healthy New Year! God bless.