Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Where to find papaya juice?

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by starfish, Jun 4, 2002.

1. starfish

starfish Guest

I have a recipe for coco locos that I can't wait to try. It calls for papaya juice and my supermarket does not carry it. What type of store do you get this at? If I can't find it anywhere what would be a good substitution? Thanks!

2. Reader

Reader Guest

Starfish

Did you look in the spannish section............Goya rice,beans etc?
    They sell small cans made by goya.
    Gail

3. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Do you have Trader Joe's nearby? It's a national chain and the one in our area carries it.

4. annette

annette Guest

Starfish - can you share the recipe???? My local store has it in the Mexican food isle.

5. Rosie

Rosie Guest

If you can't find papaya, try mango juice - also in the Mexican food section.

:C@

6. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

If you have a "juicer machine", you could buy some papayas and make your own juice.

7. Cwusinbunny

Cwusinbunny Guest

I would add trying the organic section of your supermarket - sometimes they carry all these exocit necters :)

8. Carol Ellis

Carol Ellis Guest

Trader Joe's, WholeFoods....health food stores...and some gourmet supermarkets have it.

9. starfish

starfish Guest

Thanks everyone! I was looking in the juice section. I'll look in the mexican food section next time. Annette- here is the recipe:
    3c dark rum
    3c coconut rum
    2c cream of coconut
    2c papaya juice
    2c orange juice
    2c pineapple juice
    1c grenadine
    Shake well & pour ove ice in blender.

Sounds great doesn't it?

10. Angelica

Angelica Guest

This is only my very honest opinion, others may have different tastes.

BUT......canned, or tinned papaya juice tastes just that......tinny, metallic. It is one juice that does not can well.

Better to peel and seed a papaya and pop it in your blender, then press it through a sieve for the juice, or as the above poster wrote, if you have a juicer.....make your own. I have had coco-locos and usually the pineapple taste is more than enough "fruit", the papaya could be a bit odd tasting. And, I do love papaya, just not in mixed drinks. Again, just my taste, others may differ.

11. annette

annette Guest

Starfish - Man that sounds GOOD. Now to have a reason to make it. Oh yeah, I could practice for my next party!!! Thanks!