Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Where to go - 7-mile beach Grand Cayman

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by Don B, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Don B

Don B Guest

We want restrooms and umbrella/chair rentals within walking distance of a place to get lunch/drinks. Preferably away from the crowds. Does such a place exist????? I don't think the "Public Beach" area has chairs and umberllas for rent.

2. earl_m

earl_m Guest

there are several Hotels on the beach. I have found that if you go on the beach in front of the hotel,
    you will everything you need. Of course it will cost you, for the chair, umbrella and probably a fee
    to enter. its well worth it!!

3. hot_tamale

hot_tamale Guest

Ask your taxi driver to take you to Royal Palm. It is $4 pp each way. They have a restaurant, bar, chairs, umbrellas, etc for a reasonable rate. It's pretty quiet there. What we usually do though is asked to be dropped there and then walk down the beach a bit and find a nice shady spot under a tree and lay on our beach towels. Then we walk back up to Royal palm for drinks and snacks.

4. stlgoatee

stlgoatee Guest

Just got back today from Grand Cayman...Paradise Beach...the taxi charges by the load, not by each person...so it was 15 bucks to get to this public beach which was one of the best I've been too...good food, rentals for a couple bucks, clean restrooms and taxis all over the place.