Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Where's your "Home Port"

Discussion in 'Know Before You Go' started by nieciez, May 1, 2001.

1. Shelli

Shelli Guest

I'm in Marlton, NJ, which is basically a Philly suburb. And I grew up right outside of Philly as well, in Abington.

2. Jan

Jan Guest

Maplewood MN just on the edge of St Paul MN all of my life.

3. rocster

rocster Guest

Tampa Bay, Florida since 1971. Military Brat, born in Paris, France

4. LovetheSea

LovetheSea Guest

Seattle, Washington
    I was raised east of the Cascade Mountains in Yakima. Now I live back on the West side about an hours drive North of Seattle.I could never live anywhere but in Washington State. But I like visiting other places :)

5. John F

John F Guest

We live in Punta Gorda, Florida (Southwest Fl.). John & Priscilla

6. Aileen

Aileen Guest

San Jose, California. Born and raised in San Francisco.

7. Debbie

Debbie Guest

Middletown NY was where I grew up - yet now in Houston Texas (at least I'm only an hour from the ocean! :) Debbie

8. JhawkI

JhawkI Guest

Kansas City area - middle of the country, a long way from anything, close to nothing, but I'm a lifelong Kansan, and will probably stay that way!

9. Jaimie

Jaimie Guest

Eagle River, Alaska.....last 6 years, originally from Ketchikan.

10. Brenda

Brenda Guest

I live in the middle of the woods in Edgefield County, SC, right across the river from Augusta, Georgia.

11. Elizabeth 74

Elizabeth 74 Guest

The Hudson Valley in New York, Cornwall is the town.

12. sailinsal

sailinsal Guest

Native So Californian.................homeport is LA Harbor.....................but live in Rowland Heights, Ca. 15 miles from Disneyland.

13. April

April Guest

Small world Aileen
    San Jose CA and was born in San Francisco but spent the first part of my life growing up next door in Daly City.
    Have been in San Jose since 1971--way to long
    April

14. Wormy53

Wormy53 Guest

we're another duo from the kansas city area. i like checking out this board. you all are all so enthusiastic!

15. Grew up in Syracuse, N.Y., and we've lived in Springfield, Vermont; Northbrook IL; Dayton, O; Rochester, N.Y.; and for the past 40 years here in Worcester MA.

16. KruzinKat

KruzinKat Guest

Looks like my earlier post didn't "take" - Renegade4 and I are from Kingston, Massachusetts. He grew up in Braintree. I grew up in Weymouth. We moved to Pembroke when we got married (May 10, 1970) then moved here in 1979 and expect to be here a while, what with the cost of real estate nowadays. Turns out we're not far from TAO in Hanson, MA - looks like that post was lost, too!

KruzinKat
    4 months from today we board Norway!!

17. TAO

TAO Guest

KruzinKat, you are right we did get lost, so here goes again.
    I was born and raised in Abington, MA, lived in Abington a while after marriage and Whitman for 4 years, now lived in Hanson for 36 years. This is home as this is the only place our kids 3 boys, 5 grandkids) remember. Since we were not born here we do not classify as "townies", nevertheless we consider it home.

18. Carol L

Carol L Guest

I'm from Chariton, Iowa, about 50 mi. south of Des Moines. Too far from any cruise ports, that's for sure!! It's an ordeal to get anywhere one of the big ships sails from...........

19. Cindy

Cindy Guest

I live in Tamarac, Florida (suburb of Ft. Lauderdale), but was born & raised in Pittsburgh, PA. Also lived in Toledo, Ohio where my husband is from.

20. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Greenfield, WI - a suburb of Milwaukee and home of the late NASCAR great Alan Kulwicki - about 10 miles from the shore of Lake Michigan (goodness I wish Princess would do a Great Lakes cruise in the summer months! lol)