Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Which Deck has the Best Oceanview Double Balcony Cabins on the Grand?

Discussion in 'Princess Cruises' started by higavin, Sep 27, 2004.

1. higavin

higavin Guest

Sailing on the Grand Princess in April. First Cruise ever.

Which deck has the best balconies? We've aleready decided that an Ocean View Double with Balcony is the best size for us.

I've seen photos that show the lower decks have larger balconies with little privacy since everyone above you can see into your balcony while the upper decks have smaller balconies with more seclusion.

Is this true?

The Lido deck appears to overhang the Aloha Deck balconies, is that accurate, does it cut down on sunshine into the room?

Our wish is to spend private moments alone on our balcony. (Private, not intimate). We want to enjoy watching the ocean flowing by over breakfast, the occasional sighting of another ship, sunrise or sunset if possible.

The smaller balconies seem just the right size as far as I can see.

we're confirmed in A505, almost exactly midship, maybe 5 to 7 cabins after of the exact center of the ship.

Any reason to consider changing rooms?

2. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

Category BB on carbie deck , i have a video clip of out cabin if youd like to see it, send me a private message and ill send it to you

3. DJA

DJA Guest

A505 is in a great spot, mid-ship and convenient to stairs & elevator. It is fully covered by Lido, but you'll still get plenty of sun. The upper balconies do look over the lower ones. The advantage of the Caribe balconies is that they are double the depth of the Aloha balconies and they are only half exposed to above. If you sit near the door you are out of view of the balconies above, if you are out at the rail you are exposed -- Caribe will also cost you more. The Dolphin suite balconies are fully exposed -- nowhere to hide there.

4. DJA

DJA Guest

A505 is in a great spot, mid-ship and convenient to stairs & elevator. It is fully covered by Lido, but you'll still get plenty of sun. The upper balconies do look over the lower ones. The advantage of the Caribe balconies is that they are double the depth of the Aloha balconies and they are only half exposed to above. If you sit near the door you are out of view of the balconies above, if you are out at the rail you are exposed -- Caribe will also cost you more. The Dolphin suite balconies are fully exposed -- nowhere to hide there.

5. DJA

DJA Guest

Sorry about the duplicate.... site went down in the middle of the post...

6. Einstein

Einstein Guest

Definitely the Caribe deck as has been posted above. The balconies are partially covered and about twice the size of the other decks balconies. :thumb

7. higavin

higavin Guest

There was another thread with a very similar question with a lot of feedback and the overwheleming response to both threads was for Caribe. I called our TA today and made the change to C605 confirmed. The new choice is only slightly aft of midship and cost only another $50.00 per person, cheap at twice the price.

Thanks for everyone's input. This is why I love boards like this.

8. Einstein

Einstein Guest

U will NOT be sorry. Enjoy!!! :thumb

9. CruisinDude

CruisinDude Guest

I posted a picture of the deck configuration from aloha 718 on the Caribbean Princess..see gallery cc10.23.04