Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

WHICH HOTEL

Discussion in 'Caribbean Ports' started by bob barrows, Apr 24, 2004.

1. bob barrows

bob barrows Guest

2. lisalovlee33

lisalovlee33 Guest

We stayed at the El Convento. It's very nice. In the hotel rooms, they provide bathrobes, and slippers. Lots of fresh towels, nice and clean. There's a small pool and a hot tub right up on the terrace on the 4th fl. They provide free wine from 6 - 7pm and all you can drink bottle water (from the Yunge something forest). Free breakfast, quite an extensive breakfast too. 4 - 5 different juices, ham, toast, pastries, coffee tea, fruits. FREE internet service (in room - phone lines connection or outside). Located right in Old San Juan, our room has a view of the San Juan ocean. Personally, I loved it. Don't bother with the Convento main restaurant, that's my only bad experience. The food is super expensive, as expected, and the service is 0 out of 10, food taste to me also sucked big time. I recommend just walking one or 2 blocks to other restaurants if you were thinking of a nice sit down dinner.
    I'd imagine Hilton Caribe in Condado to be a bigger place, more established, less local charm.