Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Which Ship for 4th Cruise

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by River Hill, May 15, 2005.

1. River Hill

River Hill Guest

I have been on 3 RCCL cruises. The first was back in 1993 on Monarch of the Seas, the second was in 2001 on Voyager of the Seas and the third was in 2003 on Explorer of the Seas. I will be traveling with my wife and 2 children who are 7 and 9. Since I have done the Voyager and the Explorer I am looking for a ship that has the same features just a little less crowded, but I still want things for the kids to do. Can you give some suggestions? I was also going to look into Celebirty and would like to get your thoughts on that line as well.

2. Searcher

Searcher Guest

River Hill Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > I have been on 3 RCCL cruises. The first was back
    > in 1993 on Monarch of the Seas, the second was in
    > 2001 on Voyager of the Seas and the third was in
    > 2003 on Explorer of the Seas. I will be traveling
    > with my wife and 2 children who are 7 and 9.
    > Since I have done the Voyager and the Explorer I
    > am looking for a ship that has the same features
    > just a little less crowded, but I still want
    > things for the kids to do. Can you give some
    > suggestions? I was also going to look into
    > Celebirty and would like to get your thoughts on
    > that line as well.

No ship like that exists, sorry. :)

All RCCL ships have kid programs. We have been on every class of RCCL ship and darn near every ship with 50 plus cruises and love the Vision class. They are 79,000 ton and rarely have 2,000 passengers, especially if you go off season. The Sovereign class holds 500 more people with less space and you know the specs for the Navigator et al. The Radiance class is an option but that class is way over priced IMHO while the little, ha - ha little, Empress is only 49,000 tons but holds the same amout of people as the Vision class ships.

3. LoriAnnM

LoriAnnM Guest

Thank you for easing my worries! Last year we went on Empress and had to jump through many hoops to get a couple of lounge chairs. This year we are trying Enchantment and I have been hoping it will be easier to find a seat! I just want to relax with my sketch pad, Lori

4. viet630

viet630 Guest

celebrity is wonderful in every way, It is our favorite line. It is really not as kid friendly as RCL..We were just on the Century and it seemed that there were a lot of teen's just floating around with nothing to do. I think you would be better off on RCL, I think the average age on Celebrity is like 45-50.
    Viet