• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Which ship would you choose, and why?

T

tll

We are looking to book a Western Caribbean cruise for January of 2007. We would like to try RCCL this time and need to choose between Navigator, Voyager, Explorer, and Freedom. All have the same itinerary except Explorer has Belize and Costa Maya instead of Labadee and Ocho Rios. There will be from 3 to 5 couples (2 couples aren't sure yet), we are all in our early to mid 50's. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.

B

bunnie

We did the Voyager cruise in 2001. It was magnificent and it being my first cruise, totally got addicted! We are going on the Adventure on June 26th. Am psyched!!! Anyway, we loved the Voyager and although Jamaica was somewhat disappointing, we loved everything else. My husband did like the gold course in Ocho Rio and my daughter and I climbed the falls. Labadee was great, so was Cozumel but my favorite was Grand Cayman and Sting Ray city; not to be missed!! So, go with Voyager, she is beautiful as I am sure all the other ones are; am looking forward to sailing on theAOS!!! Have a great time, you can't go wrong when you go with RCL!!!!

C

Cruizer

It would appear you like big ships. The Voyager, Explorer and Navigator are all sisters. The Voyager is the oldest, the Explorer is in the middle and the Navigator is the newest of these three. If you like a balcony cabin I would choose the Navigator, as its balconies are outside the structure of the ship and thus are a little more open. Otherwise not much difference between the three. The Freedom is so new it is not even built yet. It will be newer and larger than the other three. For that reason you might want to give it a try. However, it has yet to take its first paying passenger on a cruise, so there are no reviews of this ship yet.

=funsign

T

tll

Actually, the biggest ship we have been on todate is the Celebrity Mercury. I came up with these ships by looking at the itinerary. I have thought it would be fun to try one of the really big ships, I hope we aren't disappointed. One of the ships we are looking at (can't remember which one), will sail out of Tampa, the others sail out of Miami. We have never been to Florida and we will want to stay two or three days before our cruise, which city has the most to see?

C

Cruizer

Picking Tampa or Miami based on what there is to see is hard. I would be happy at either port. Miami is world famous (South Beach, art deco district ...). Tampa is about 90 minutes from Walt Disney World. Can you narrow it down some. What is it you are interested in seeing? :ufo

C

Cruizer

Where are you getting your info? I did a quick check and all the ships you list sail out of Miami. The one sailing out of Tampa is the Legend of the Seas. It is a bit older and a lot smaller (like about 1/2 the size) than the others.

V

viet630

This is correct. Tampa is very limited to the size of the ship's due to the skyway bridge.lot to due in all the ares. Did you consider Ft. Lauderdale. I prefer leaving out of this port over all the others. Viet

S

sailingrose

If you leave from Port Canaveral (close to Disney and Universal) you can take the Mariner of the Seas. Newest of the Voyager class ships. You could fly into Orlando airport.

Given the choices I'd go with the Navigator. To me it is the most beautiful of the class and the Captain is wonderful! They also have a wine bar and a larger selection of wines if your into it.

Freedom is just too overpriced for me. Price would definately be a factor in my decision given that the ships other then Freedom are similar.

T

tll

Thanks for all the info. I've looked at so many different ships it is hard to remember them all, it was probably Legend of the Seas that I saw out of Tampa, I remember there was only one ship that fit the itinerary and length that I was looking for.

Does anyone know when the Freedom of the Seas is going to be finished?

C

Cruizer

I believe Freedom of the Seas is going to start taking paying passengers in June 2006 (about one year from now).

P

piercetc2

I would choose the Freedom of the Seas- like the larger ships- or any of the voyager class ships- they offer so much to do onboard

R

rshreib

Price not withstanding.. I would take freedom.. It promises to be magnificent. That being said, Navigator was just as awesome..

J

Janice H

I actually like all the ships because I love cruising. The Navigator was our first RCL ship and very impressive. Labadee is one of my all time favorite stops which the Navigator stops at.

T

tll

We've decided on Freedom of the Seas, sailing 1/14/07. It looks too good to pass up. Thanks for your help.

T

tricemom

Navigator was wonderful but our trip on AOS included great Ports - Aruba, Curacao, St Martin & St Thomas out of San Juan. I loved those ports and the air trip to Puerto Rico was not long. I would have to recommend the AOS.