Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Which side is better?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by kamy, May 1, 2004.

1. kamy

kamy Guest

Just a question before i Book my cruise on Navigator..In your opinion, which side of the ship would be better to book a room?Left or Right(sorry forgot the correct terms)? and Why?

2. ftrpltsgal

ftrpltsgal Guest

we prefer the port side (left) just because we can sit on our balcony and see the sites at port and do the people watch thing. I'm sure everyone has their own special preferences.
    :wave

3. tjmyman

tjmyman Guest

ftrpltsgal wrote:

> we prefer the port side (left) just because we can sit on our
    > balcony and see the sites at port and do the people watch
    > thing. I'm sure everyone has their own special preferences.
    > :wave
    >
    >
    Does a ship always dock on the same side =peace

4. Ali

Ali Guest

kamy it's hard to say because sometimes the ship will be backed in rather than pulled into the pier. When I have sailed on the Adventure we would sometimes back in making the port side next to the pier and on other occasions we would pull straight in making starboard next to the pier. Same thing has happened in St. Maarten. I actually have no preference because you never know what the Captain is going to do when it comes times to docking.

5. We've been on both sides and have always had an excellent view :)

6. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

I agree with Ali :thumb I have been on both port and starboard and have faced the pier, it docks either way and you never know until you get there. So either side is good.

7. Ashley

Ashley Guest

I heard that the word POSH comes from 'port side out, starboard home' and that if you were really rich, you would switch sides of the ship according to views/sunlight, etc. So I guess both sides have their advantages ;) I thought that was interesting, I didn't know the word came from that! I have always been on the port side, for some random reason. Have fun!

Ashley

8. Christoffer

Christoffer Guest

They are all great.

9. wblynch

wblynch Guest

"Which side is better?"

I prefer the outside to the inside. Yes, I believe the outside is better.

10. Hucc

Hucc Guest

top side is best :)