Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Which was your favorite cruise you've been on?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by jester95008, Jun 3, 2004.

1. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

For me it was the 7-day Carnival Destiny out of Miami . We are from the west coast so we had to fly all the way to Texas , then to Miami where Carnival took us to the Wyndham Hotel (back then called Sheradan Hotel) and spent the night there , then the next morning it was off to the ship... and boy was it a massive ship .
    What I enjoyed most about this ship was there was so many different things going on at once from outdoor dancing , to Jamican's playing those drums ... to buffets , to outdoor gambling. What a trip!

2. kathykip

kathykip Guest

I think my favorite cruise was our first cruise. Majesty of the Seas, May 1995, Western Caribbean out of Miami. It's my favorite, because it was
    so wonderful to have that first time feeling of "WOW, so this is what
    it's all about!!" I told DH on the flight home (Upgraded to business class, by a really nice woman at the check-in counter), "I"m not going to vacation the way we used to anymore. Cruising is the way to go!"

I have loved every cruise, but I look back most fondly at that one.

3. Carol  Canada

Carol Canada Guest

It would have to be my 12th cruise, which was on the Grandeur of the Seas, sailing from Miami to Barcelona, trans atlantic for 15 nights. I just loved this cruise, we had so many at sea days and my husband thought it was just really great being in the middle of the ocean for 5 days and seeing nothing but the ocean! It was just a relaxing time and ship activities kept us busy when we wanted.

The assistant cruise director was from my husband's home town and he treated us like a long lost Aunt and Uncle...we got to know many of the activities directors thru him and it was well just a truly exceptional time. We also won the newlywed not so newlywed game!

BUT I have to say I haven't had a bad cruise yet. Of course little things happen but not even close to making it a bad cruise experience.

Happy Sailing:

4. jester95008

jester95008 Guest

those sound like beautiful trips you both took . That europe one sounds amazing for a couple.
    I think I'll stick to the caribbean and rivera cruises , though a cruise out of New Orleans sounds fun too

5. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Our first cruise was what made us Cruise Addicts (and made us choose what is our best cruise ever) and that was on the Nordic Empress now renamed Empress of the seas. But without a doubt our best cruise was on the Majesty of the Seas when we were married onboard , outside on the Promanade deck. Then off for our honeymoon for 7 nights =love in a nice suite right behind the bridge, so we waved to the Captain every morning as we had our coffee,he was on his remote bridge outside on the side of the bridge. It was the most wonderful cruise and memories that will last us a lifetime, and if we need to relive it we just watch the video of our wedding and look at our wedding album.We flew our immediate family down to stay a couple of nights and they were onboard for our wedding and reception. Then at 4:30 pm the were off the ship and on their way back to their hotel on Miami beach and we we off on our honeymoon cruise =love =hug for us it just doesn't get better than that =handinhand

6. CruiseCouple

CruiseCouple Guest

Our favorite of the only 2 we have taken was definately Radiance of the Seas in Alaska for 7 days. I can't believe anything will ever compare to the natural majesty we saw on this trip. We are still in awe when we look at our pictures.

7. Lisa

Lisa Guest

Of the nine cruises I've been on, two cruises stand out. 1st - my 2nd cruise on the Sea Princess to Alaska - this was the cruise that hooked me on cruising, and add the spectacular scenery and the wonderful friends I made on board, it is a no brainer.

The cruise that is tied for it is the Celebrity Summit on an 11 day repo from Honolulu to Vancouver......I was on that ship with many friends and I still feel the food and service on that particular cruise was the best of the nine I have been on. Activities and entertainment was not the best, but since I usually do not do the shows and tend to gravitate to certain lounges, that is really not a factor for me.

8. Ashley

Ashley Guest

I agree with CruiseCouple!!!! Radiance of the Seas in Alaska is my favourite cruise. Beautiful ship surrounded by beautiful scenery. It was the best!!!!! I love the Radiance!!

Ashley

9. usher

usher Guest

Three cruises since 2001. Best so far was Holland America, Maasdam to Western Carribean. Maybe because it was our first cruise.

Been on Norwegian & RCCL since. Didn't like free-style eating on Norwegian. Reminded me of eating at a fast food joint. RCCL seemed to be cutting corners with the food and excursions. Sertvice was fine, entertainment was great but didn't meet the expections I heard so much about.

Will be trying Princess & Carnival in the next couple of years.

Glad there are so many to choose from!!

10. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

That's a tough question.

It would be a toss up between the Radiance to the Caribbean and Alaska and the Explorer and Navigator because I had a wonderful time with our friends. If I had to pick one I guess I'd go with Radiance Alaska also......beautiful ship, beautiful itinerary.

11. ROSS

ROSS Guest

I am 55 years "young" and have been crossing and cruising for almost 40 years. All of our cruises have been fantastic but we always look back to the Leonardo DaVinci as the greatest cruise. The Italians had a way of making everything a celebration. Every day was an event...La Dolce Vita!!!

ROSS

12. svowen

svowen Guest

The only other one I've ever been on, my honeymoon cruise, on the Explorer. On the 3rd night of the cruise, we headed up to the 19th hole for a drink, and found the coolest bartender anywhere in the world. This guy was amazing. He knew every brain teaser and bar trick in the book, and kept us entertained for hours and hours. Also, since we were pretty much the only people up there, he basically became our personal bartender. I guess he really hated working that bar, since no one ever came up there, and he was just happy to have someone to talk to for the night. Guy ended up hooking us up with so many free drinks that we essentially drank free for the rest of the cruise. My wife and I would head up there after dinner and booze it up until closing time, and only wind up paying for like 2 beers and a coctail... and it was a blast learning all of the magic tricks...

13. mlzangel78

mlzangel78 Guest

My favorite cruise hasnt happened yet, I am just going to assume it will be my favorite.. its in July out of New Orleans a five day to my favorite port of call COZUMEL :)

Heck,,, all my cruises are my favorite cruises... I just think that this one will be a blast cause Ill have my friends with me, and Ill be seeing some friends that I dont get to see :)

To many ships so little time,,, gotta figure out a way around that darn JOB thing... :)

14. JeffC

JeffC Guest

It is hard to say for us. The next one that we have booked is usually our favorite, if you get my meaning. We have been on five Carnival cruises that were all good. We took the Star Princess to the Mexican Riviera two years ago and it was awesome and we took the Explorer of the Seas last year and that too was just an awesome cruise (wife and I all alone for the first time ever on a cruise).

15. iluvcruzin

iluvcruzin Guest

My favorite has to be the Hawaii Vision of the Seas cruise. Honolulu-Enscenada. Everything was wonderful about this cruise. The itnerary was incredible. Someday I hope to sail this route again.

16. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

For me, it was our recent cruise on the Coral Princess, Panama Canal itinerary. For my sons, they'd say the Pacific NW cruise on the Radiance of the Seas (a close second place for me) and my husband would probably say the Adventure of the Seas, So. Caribbean itinerary.

17. idjaffe

idjaffe Guest

The next one :)

18. DiviAruba

DiviAruba Guest

My favorite cruise was the Sovereign of the Seas, many years ago. I loved RCCL. We then went on Princess and Norwegian after that and they did not compare. It also didn't help when we were on Princess, we had a dinner table for 4 and the man who was at our table died during the cruise (not at dinner). Since then we stopped cruising for over 11 years because it seemed like each cruise just got worse. We have now decided to try again and will be on a Panama Canal cruise in Feb.

19. Christoffer

Christoffer Guest

They have all been my favorite cruises:)