Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Which would you prefer to stay at?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by kamy, Jun 26, 2003.

1. kamy

kamy Guest

Hey everyone, just trying to decide on which hotels to try booking with for September or so. Which hotel would you pikc or for those that have stayed at any one of these hotels, can you tell me your experience.Are they all on the ebach as they say they are?!?

1.Howard Johnson Miami Beach on 3737 Collins Ave

2. FOUR POINT SHERATON on 4343 COLLINS AVENUE

3. BestWestern Beach resort on 4333 collins ave.

I'd rather stay at the Fontainbleau Hilton but they are very busy to even talk to a customer :)

2. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

I don't know about the Sheraton, but I wouldn't stay at the other two. The Fountain Bleau is ok but not wonderful, except the pool area ,it is wonderful, sorry they are too busy to take care of you.

Laurie :wave

3. kamy

kamy Guest

Thanks for the help...Any particular reason why you wouldn't stay at the other two?

4. L8inAZ

L8inAZ Guest

Very negative comments about the Howard Johnson. Never stayed their myself, but with all I have read. I won't be staying their either.

5. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Kamy,I have read very negative reviews about both from people I trust and believe. I have not read many on the Sheraton so I couldn't say either way. I did stay at the Fountainbleau and it is way over priced for the type of rooms and service you get. The pool and beach area are very nice though. Ask this question on the community board section of this site. There are alot of people who have stayed in Miami and I think you will get some more input.

6. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

I'd choose #4 which is not on your list - the brand new Hyatt in Miami!! It looks incredible, is reasonably priced (not as expensive as I thought it'd be) and it's new!

7. kamy

kamy Guest

Oh ok. Do you know the address of the hotel?

8. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn at Bayside. It was wonderful. Convenient to Bayside and the port. It's really cleaned up it's act in the last 6 months. Would stay there again anytime.

9. Lady Jag

Lady Jag Guest

I just pulled up this info on Hyatt:

Hyatt Regency Coral Gables - $114.75 without any discounts like AAA, etc.
    5 miles to MIA
    45 minutes from FLL

Hyatt Regency Miami - $89.00 without any discounts like AAA, etc.
    right on the waterway - many cruise lines use this hotel

I believe you could get either one of these for less with discounts. I used a July date to get these rates. If you want to see pictures, maps and info about the hotels, go to hyatt.com. Hope the info. helps!

10. kamy

kamy Guest

Oh ok thanks..Does anyone know if the Sheraton is right on Miami beach like Fonatainbleau or not?

11. ljeanbrown

ljeanbrown Guest

Give them a call and see what they say (the sheraton that is).

12. redcrown

redcrown Guest

It's right on the beach 2 hotels down from the Hilton.

13. golffore2001

golffore2001 Guest

If just looking for accomodations and not beach, we just stayed at Holiday Inn near Port for mid 70 bucks and it was very nice