Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Who has a cruise booked?

Discussion in 'Holland America Line' started by sage, Feb 2, 2006.

1. We have had some rough seas going between Cabo and San Diego.

On our last cruises on the Ryndam, we were fortunate to have calm seas - November 2005.

2. sage

sage Guest

I'm so delighted and happy for all those with a cruise booked. Moniquey, I too hope that your wife's surgery goes well and that she makes a quick recovery. Have a great time everyone.

3. herb

herb Guest

We're booked on our FIRST Holland America cruise for Jan. 07 on the Oosterdam. We're VERY excited!

4. sail7seas

sail7seas Guest

Herb.........and everyone.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise!!!

'Fair winds and a followin sea........."

5. Herb

How can you wait so long to go on a HAL cruise???

6. ShipMaven

ShipMaven Guest

Congratulations, Herb. Hope you'll be delighted with your choice and you'll find it worth the wait!

7. sage

sage Guest

Herb, I too add my congratulations on your booking on the Oosterdam. I love the anticipation of the cruise almost as much as the cruise. I hope that you will enjoy both.

8. oneijoe

oneijoe Guest

My wife, two teenage daughters (15 and 13) and myself will be on the Zuiderdam Mar. 25 (school spring break).

My wife and I sailed Z last summer (W. Carribean), but it'll be our daughters' very first cruise. I think the girls will LOVE it...(just hope they find some kids their age to hang out with).

I look soooo forward to seeing Half Moon Cay again...

9. oneijoe

Enjoy your cruise. I'mcertain that the girls will find find someone at Club HAL. Last year when we were on the Zuiderdam in May, they teenagers had a scavanger hunt one day - the kids looked like they were having a ball.

10. sage

sage Guest

I don't think that you will have any problems finding other kids during spring break. I hope that you have a wonderful cruise.

11. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

DH and I are on Zaandam to the canal on March 15th. We're leaving two weeks from tomorrow to leisurely drive to Fort Lauderdale, visiting friends and relatives along the way. I'm working my way into pre-cruise panic mode!

Sage and ShipMaven, your back-to-backs sound fabulous and I'm a terrible shade of green.

12. sage

sage Guest

Cruisin Tex,

I'm a bit green myself, as you are leaving much sooner than I am. Have a wonderful time on your 5th Anniversary cruise. We'll try to have good weather for your arrival and time in Ft. Lauderdale.

13. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Thanks, Sage. We have tickets to the King Tut exhibit in Fort Lauderdale post-cruise so good weather would definitely be a plus. All those days on Volendam you'll have with Mary Ann should make for an extremely memorable cruise for you.

14. CruisinTex

Have a wonderful vacation and cruise.

We loved the Zaandam - have cruised on her several times.

15. CruisinTex

CruisinTex Guest

Thanks, KK. I was on her 2 years ago, before SOE upgrades, and loved her. I'm looking forward to Neptune Lounge and am hoping they still offer the King's Room breakfast option.

16. Cruisin Tex

We haven't been on her since her latest SOE but someone said that they still have those big ugly yellow lips.

17. sage

sage Guest

Cruisin Tex,

Please color me an even deeper shade of green, as now I am even more envious I would love to see the King Tut exhibit. Have a wonderful time.

18. We are also envious - would love to see the King Tut exhibit.

This is the first year in along time that we don't have a cruises booked for January, Feb/Mar, and May out of Ft Lauderdale.

We chose to do some different itineraries.

Does anyone know how long the exhibit will be in Ft Lauderdale?

Oh well, at least we saw the King Tut exhibit when we were in Egypt years ago.

19. sage

sage Guest

Well just when I didn't think that my shade of green could be any darker, I hear from Krazy Kruizers that they have seen the exhibit in Egypt. I have tried to get to Egypt three times, and each time, something major has come up to keep me from going. Perhaps one day I will make it there. I'm so, so very green now.

20. We would love to go back but we don't think flying into that area right now is too safe.

We were on the Cunard Princess when we stopped there for 2 days.