Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

who has the best

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by piercetc2, Jun 4, 2005.

1. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

cruise points program--- If you have a credit card that lets you earn dollars off cruises based on expenditures on the card- please tell me about it- had icruise visa but they are changing the policy so am looking for another card - Thanks!!!!

2. rshreib

rshreib Guest

Royal Caribbean has a card that gives you something.

3. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Celebrity also has an American Express card.

4. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

yes, have seen something about rci but you have to spend like 100,000 to get much off, don't you? will check into that to see what is offered.
    thanks

5. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

I know Carnival has one, though the rules just changed. I know someone who owns a business and was using the Carvial card to cruise free on the 3 & 4 day cruises out of Long Beach. Now I think all you can get is "up to" $500 off a cruise. Since I don't have one myself, I don't know the rules. =huh

6. sailingrose

sailingrose Guest

Sorry can't help with the specifics.

7. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

thanks for your input, guys! when i do some research on the subject , i will let you know. Those travel points have changed since the ships are filling up even with higher prices or that is what it seems like anyway.

8. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

I went to the carnival site and did not see the carnival credit card- have they stopped issueing it? Checked out the rci card- you can go to their site to get all the rules and etc. - looks okay but someone else posted on a nother thread that they switched to a card that offers up to 5% back from purchases and that whenever she gets a check from them, she puts that in their vacation acct to use for cruises- this way you don't have to worry about sending travel vouchers in to rci and all the hoopla you have to abide by to get your discount- noticed that when you attain enough points to get a free 7 day cruise with the rci card, you have to book with rci and use the travel voucher by mailing it in- are advised to make copies before hand in case they are lost in the mail- rci says they won't be responsible for vouchers lost in the mail or that don't make it there in time and other little red flags (imho)
    so will try to find a rewards card that offers 1%- 5% back from purchases that you can use the refunds on cruises or what ever you need to use them for

9. tll

tll Guest

I have an MBNA icruise card, I just booked my 2nd cruise using points. Unfortunately, they just changed the point structure (the change takes place in August) and you will now have to spend $34,000 to get $400 of your cruise. I have been getting $800 off my cruises by spending $27,000. The advantage is that you can use it on any cruise line, you just have to book through icruise. Some people on the boards have complained about icruise, however, I haven't had any problems with them.

10. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

RE: Carnival's card.

I know someone who has it. And I received an offer for a new Carnival card. There was a period of time when the they stopped offering the card. So it is there. However, I do not know how good it is. =shrug

11. piercetc2

piercetc2 Guest

thanks-
    anyone have a cash back card they like? am considering one of those or the rci card

12. Cruizer

Cruizer Guest

I have an American Express Delta Skymiles card which I like. Many times you can 2 points per dollar rather than one point per dollar. Also, if you keep adding miles, they do not expire. You just have to cruise from a port that Delta flys to. :)