• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who wants RCI to send a mega ship to Europe for Summer, 2004?

L

Lady Jag

I do, I do!! :jump :dance

So I guess the AOS isn't going to Europe, so why not send the Voyager or Explorer? Anyone else want to do a Med. cruise on a Voyager Class ship?

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

R

Roland

VY will sail from NYC to Canada/New England and Western Caribbean. But no one has said the AD will not go to Europe, even if it is more likely to happen 2005. The Med will see another and newer RCI ship next summer.

L

ljeanbrown

Roland, there is a posting about the AOS not going to Europe, it is on the community board and is by Lori Cunningham. She has a travel agency site here on cruise addicts.

Laurie :wave

A

Ali

Hey Bobbie I'll sail with ya! :lol I sure hope they put the Adventure in Europe. As Lori posted, it won't be next year. I would have to do the Transatlantic thing. Zipping across the Atlantic on a plane home wouldn't be a good thing for me. I HATE TO FLY. :lol

L

Lady Jag

Wouldn't that be great, Ali? The AOS doing the Med.! 2005 would be okay with me since it can't be 2004. It'd give us a little time to save up for that costly air from LA for the 4 of us.

The best way to do a transatlantic is to get the awful flying done in the beginning. Fly to Europe and cruise home. Then, it'd "only" be a 6 hr. flight home for us which is still better than 12 hrs. flying home!

Too bad we can't cruise anymore in October when they do the repositioning back to the US. Wish the kids were on year-round school! :( Oh well, we'll just have to wait until they're in college, oh wait, then we'll be broke from paying for it.....retirement maybe?

P

Petert

While we are dreaming I for one would love to see one of the Voyager class ships to be home ported on the west coast. There would also be some fabulous repositioning cruise opportunities involved. With all the new ships concentrating in the Caribbean it seems that they may be reaching saturation in that region.

Peter

A

Ali

Peter that's also a great idea. There ya go Bobbie..the West Coast. Hey, how about a Voyager Class on the West Coast that sails to and from Hawaii or Tahiti? Now that's the ticket. :lol :lol

L

Lady Jag

Now that's a GREAT idea! Only problem is that the Voyager Class ships won't fit through the Canal. They'd have to go East, through the Mediterranean, Suez Canal, through the Orient, past Tahiti, the Hawaiian Islands and over to the West Coast. Talk about a great repositioning cruise! :grin

C

cruiseflboi

Lady Jag they might put the Explorer of the seas Navigator of the seas or even the Mairner of the seas to Europe coz by 2006, 2007 a new class might be in production at that time call the Ultra, Voyager class a new 160,000 ton ship. So it's now possible that they will send a voyager class ship to Europe

L

Lady Jag

Whoa - a 160,000 ton ship? I don't think I can wait until 2006 or 2007. Can you get them to speed things up? Say, next summer or the summer after? :grin