Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Why is there a huge dent in the side of Grandeur?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by time2sail, Mar 4, 2006.

1. time2sail

time2sail Guest

of the Seas? I have seen this in pictures online. Does anyone know about this dent i.e. where it came from and does it cause any safety issue on the ship? Thanks.

2. time2sail

time2sail Guest

of the Seas? I have seen this in pictures online. Does anyone know about this dent i.e. where it came from and does it cause any safety issue on the ship? Thanks.

3. rshreib

rshreib Guest

I believe that it was the Grandeur that was involve in a Pier accident In Cozumel last year. It hit a pylon and ripped a big hole in the side. They patched up the hole in 36 hours and got on their way (very impressive if you've seen the gash). I suspect they left the dents until the next drydock as they dont pose any threat.

4. rshreib

rshreib Guest

I believe that it was the Grandeur that was involve in a Pier accident In Cozumel last year. It hit a pylon and ripped a big hole in the side. They patched up the hole in 36 hours and got on their way (very impressive if you've seen the gash). I suspect they left the dents until the next drydock as they dont pose any threat.

5. time2sail

time2sail Guest

Thanks. I am sailing out on Grandeur on Monday and just saw some vacation photos with the dent. Then I saw the Titanic special on TV, lol. So that was the reason for the question. Thanks again.

6. time2sail

time2sail Guest

Thanks. I am sailing out on Grandeur on Monday and just saw some vacation photos with the dent. Then I saw the Titanic special on TV, lol. So that was the reason for the question. Thanks again.

7. AJ coast

AJ coast Guest

How unsightly!

8. AJ coast

AJ coast Guest

How unsightly!

9. time2sail

time2sail Guest

LOL. Yeah it is unsightly. As long as it's patched good enough to be functional and safe I don't care what it looks like. I remember when we were docked in Nassau about six months ago, there was a NCL ship (can't remember the name now) that REALLY looked unsightly. Both me and my spouse had to take a second glance as we thought it was a battle ship, not a cruise ship.

10. time2sail

time2sail Guest

LOL. Yeah it is unsightly. As long as it's patched good enough to be functional and safe I don't care what it looks like. I remember when we were docked in Nassau about six months ago, there was a NCL ship (can't remember the name now) that REALLY looked unsightly. Both me and my spouse had to take a second glance as we thought it was a battle ship, not a cruise ship.

11. Sheffie

Sheffie Guest

12. Sheffie

Sheffie Guest