Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest! Welcome to our forums!. We are glad you joined us. If you aren't a member already, please Sign Up! Today!

Why RCCL still showing LABADEE as a Stop?

Discussion in 'Royal Caribbean International' started by kdlisa1469, Jul 11, 2004.

1. kdlisa1469

kdlisa1469 Guest

I thought I read where RCCL had quit stopping at LABADEE because of crime and safety. Can someone who's been on a cruise with that port on it please tell me what you did: went to another port?, another sea day?. Thanks

2. bicker

bicker Guest

They have returned to Labadee.

3. Mbandy

Mbandy Guest

There was some political unrest in Haiti a few months ago and for that reason RCCL avoided Labadee for a while. Now that those conditions have stabilized they have returned. I guess the "STORM THE BEACH" shore excursion was not a great idea. Labadee is on the northern shore of the island of Hispanola and pretty far removed from the metropolitan areas. It is completely secluded , safe and secure. The only locals at Labadee are the merchants at the little shopping area. Labadee is just fantastic. I highly reccommend the wave runner tour...splendid!!!

Happy cruising,

4. pcbeck

pcbeck Guest

We got off of the Navigator this past Saturday and spent Thursday in Labadee. It was our favorite day. Great facilities and beaches. In talking with some of the locals, it seems most of the political unrest was in the capitol and that was months ago. I wouldn't worry a bit about safety.Mbandy wrote:

> There was some political unrest in Haiti a few months ago and
    > for that reason RCCL avoided Labadee for a while. Now that
    > those conditions have stabilized they have returned. I guess
    > the "STORM THE BEACH" shore excursion was not a great idea.
    > Labadee is on the northern shore of the island of Hispanola and
    > pretty far removed from the metropolitan areas. It is
    > completely secluded , safe and secure. The only locals at
    > Labadee are the merchants at the little shopping area. Labadee
    > is just fantastic. I highly reccommend the wave runner
    > tour...splendid!!!
    >
    > Happy cruising,
    >
    >

5. Kevin

Kevin Guest

We just returned from cruise on Mariner. Labadee was fine. Spent the day at the beach and ate there too. Lots of water activities if you choose or just spend the day laying around and swimming. Very secure.